The local pawn shop has one for around $120. I was wondering, what makes a Junior a Junior and what they might be worth? BTW, its and epiphone LP JR.

Also, are these good guitars, what epiphone LP might it be compared to?
epiphone is a deacent brand.. for the price, compared to gibson... now wait.. i'm talking about LP standards... i have no idea what it's like when it comes to juniors, since a standard costs 500-700€ .. dunno
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
they're ok.
if they are gibsons.
wasnt too impressed by the epi copys. its basically a budget copy of a budget guitar.
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
not worth it, it wont be anymore than a shiny begginer guitar.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Well Leslie West from Mountain plays a Les Paul Junior on Mississippi Queen... you gotta hear that if you hadn't. I dunno what an epiphone's like but just go to the store and try it, if you don't like it don't get it, if you do then buy it, and if you can't tell the difference then you don't need a real one so just buy it.
they're not a bad play, I'm not a fan of the sound but *shrugs* and for some reason, the body and neck seem downscaled even though it's the same size as a normal guitar (don't ask. me and everyone I know who've tried one are of the same oppinion)
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
If it's got a bolt-on and a bucker', it's a starter model common for heavy modding(ask Flibble about that). If it has a set-neck, it's one of the 57' reissues. Their good guitars and I'd say for $120 go for it, but you may want to replace the stock pickup with a Gibson P-90.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Quote by necrosis1193
If it's got a bolt-on and a bucker', it's a starter model common for heavy modding(ask Flibble about that).
Oh dear, is my reputation starting to precede me?

Anyway yes, if it's one of the set-neck reissues with a P-90 pickup, they're decent guitars. I actually managed to get my hands on one for the first time last weekend and I was genuinely very impressed. Mahogany body, set mahogany neck, traditional Junior single P-90 pickup and controls, tuners were the same Grover-stamped tuners Epi LP Standards have... good all-round. The thing that impressed me most was the pickup, I don't know to what design Epiphone make their P-90s but their P-90 pickups always sound fantastic, even better than some aftermarket pickups.

If it's one of the regular Epiphone LP Juniors though, that's nothing special and you're not getting a bargain. Alder body, bolt-on maple neck, single generic humbucker pickup. I bought one to trash and practise modding on, and it's turned out okay - has more sustain than any other guitar I've ever played - but even after I've modded it to hell and back it's only barely average. Fun to have a bash on but nothing to get excited about. Not something you should really bother with unless you already have many other guitars and you just want something cheap and fun to bash up.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.