I have a Marshall JCM 800 combo, 4104.. My problem is that it has two inputs, low and high.. so if I wanna use the distorted channel of the amp, I have to change the imput that I'm using. Because there is no footswitch input on it, my question is is there any other user that has it, and has a solution?

Thanks
You can get switches that controls 2 different imputs, it is usually used to compare amps like in this video. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SYslxyj4Qwk

It is a morley something. The guitar imput goes in the middle and then on either side you plug a cable into each amp. Then you toggle between them liike a pickup selector.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jan 13, 2009,
yeah, I tried it, but the distorted channel is way louder than the clean one.. other suggestions?
thanks anyway
Usually distortion channels are louder then clean ones.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Yeah but I need it to be somewhat the same, because I'm using them both :/
Try a ab switch along with either an eq pedal or volume pedal to turn up or lower the other channel
You can always do the old fashion way, they way in which those amps were meant to be used and use the volume switch on your guitar. turn down for cleans and up for distortion.
I'll try that thing with the eq pedal. Just need to buy one I'll tell you if I succseeded (if you're interested, that is)

Thanks guys
well I bought the eq pedal, and it seems that if you plug the ab box, the clean channel on the marshall is ok, but the distortion channel is waay more quieter and it's not distorted, it's clean.. I guess I will have to use a distortionpedal then :/