I am getting a new amp and these are my choices.

Marshall MG30DFX: $250 2nd hand, RRP: $400. I've heard everyone say NO MG but the only reason I have seen is that they are over priced, this one is 2nd hand for $250 and the prices at the stores near me are $400 and $420.

Roland Cube 20x: $270 new. I've heard cubes are all around good amps but I don't quite like the lack of effects and stuff compared to other amps which is also the reason why I chose not to buy a cheap tube amp that only had volume treble and bass. Is it worth it?

Peavey Vypyr 15: $250/300 new. 1 store near me has 2 Vypyrs left at the old price of $250 but all other stores have it for $300, by time I sell my old gear the 2 at the store will probably be sold though, especially because some random person on UG is too cool to give me a link for a place to sell it.

Line 6 Spider 3 15: $200 new. I've heard crap about this amp and to me it sounds craps, I just added it in here for no reason.

I prefer metal but I play anything really apart from blues.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I'd personally go with the Cube, I tried it and it wasn't bad. Beats the spider and MG in any case
WTLTL 2011
Given how similar in price the first three are, I'd say just go for whatever you like. They're all (except the spider) pretty solid amps (cwutididthar?), and I'd say just try them out. Then again, given that you have a Schecter Omen 6 FR and you are probably above beginner, you could get a cheapish tube amp (like an Epiphone Valve Jr., which I believe is in a similar price range), and then get an EQ pedal and dial out whatever sound you want.
The spider is a good practice amp, although mine's 30. You definitely want something better in the future if you got it though.
Go with the Vypyr, Overall good amp. Second choice Cube.
Gear :
Schecter Damien V-FR
Ibanez V70
Line 6 Spider III 15
Quote by Hanato
New BC Rich Guitar ?!
Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you

Child Molester

|

|

|

|

V
If I were you I wouldn't go for a traditional style valve amp like the valve jr or blues jr as they won't get you a very heavy guitar tone without a pedal. Maybe you should try out a Peavey Valve King, Bugera or B52. I personally am not in a position to recommend one of these amps over the other two though as I don't play with that kinda guitar sound.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
If I were you I wouldn't go for a traditional style valve amp like the valve jr or blues jr as they won't get you a very heavy guitar tone without a pedal. Maybe you should try out a Peavey Valve King, Bugera or B52. I personally am not in a position to recommend one of these amps over the other two though as I don't play with that kinda guitar sound.

I think your in the wrong topic.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
I vote Vypyr. Best cheap modeling amp evarrrr
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
You've shelled out/saved up and got yourself an $800 schecter guitar.
I think it's time for you to stop looking at this tier of amps and move up in the world.

If you're absolutely set on pairing up one of ~those~ amps with ~that~ guitar, go have a hard listen at the Peavey and the Cube and see which one sounds the best to you (not being lead on by more options or more shiny things).
My guitar was $400. Why is it suddenly illegal to use a $300 amp with a $400 guitar?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
VOX valvetronix do an amp that sounds way better than the vypyr and the cube, so much so that I bought it!

30w - metal version. There's your amp
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Quote by _Sanitarium_
You've shelled out/saved up and got yourself an $800 schecter guitar.
I think it's time for you to stop looking at this tier of amps and move up in the world.

I agree. Don't upgrade to ANOTHER practice amp.

Buy a Cube 60, or whatever the comparable size would be for the Vypyr or Valvetronix. I don't see the point in buying another practice amp. That's not an upgrade, it's a sidestep.
Now to wait 9 months until my birthday to get a better amp >.<
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Out of those 4, I'd get the MG. It's probably worth looking at something higher end though.
I would recommend saving up for a used spider valve. That amp is the sheet and there are good deals to be had on ebay and craigslist. The sound is unreal and it has all the effects you need. I got t the 212 and it is very very loud, so, if that is an issue for you go for the 112.
Quote by DILtron3000
I would recommend saving up for a used spider valve. That amp is the sheet and there are good deals to be had on ebay and craigslist. The sound is unreal and it has all the effects you need. I got t the 212 and it is very very loud, so, if that is an issue for you go for the 112.

i would not do this. im sorry, but i've already read 2 or 3 threads of people having these flat out die in less than 3 months. also, i personally dont think they sound that great me. but that is just me
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by TheEsupremacy
The Vypyr is the best sounding amp of all those you have listed.

by the way, seeing as you already have plenty of amps, i would gladly take that JSX combo off your hands, seeing as how, you know, it's probably just taking up space.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by TheEsupremacy
The Vypyr is the best sounding amp of all those you have listed.

ditto
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I see you are in Australia. Did you convert those prices for us to USD? I ask because I realize you guys have quite a upside down dollar situation. Vypyr 15s are $99 here. Get the 30 if you can. I choose Vypyr

Per your question, this site and possibly craigslist might be sources to sell your other gear, not sure. Good luck.
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/news/index.cfm?
I vote for the Vypyr but you need to get at least the 30. It has a 12 inch speaker that I think sounds better than the 8 inch in the 15 watt. The 30 also has extra stombox effects and is compatible with the Sanpera pedals that Peavey makes for the Vypyr series. Also Peavey made the Vypyrs (30 and up) updatable. You can go to Peavey's website when they post a new one and download updates to make the Vypyr even better.