Hey UG

Anyone got any ideas about who's gonna be playing this year?

I've heard a few rumours about Underoath and Taking Back Sunday. I'll deffinately go if theyre playing.
It's been a while since underoath played gian so they might be on the cards i recon :p

any UK UGers gonna be heading down?
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
just found this:

Bands who have said they could be playing

UnderOATH
From First To Last
Houston Calls
Madina Lake
Kill Hannah
Hit The Lights

Bands Who Are Playing Gigs Around That Time

Taking Back Sunday
UnderOATH

from gian forums (http://www.giveitaname.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4987)

theres more on that link

but who wants to see matina lake again =[ i hope they arent on the bill
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
i would gladly go to see underoath again!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
id go for Underoath, FFTL (too bad they suck now) and taking back sunday but thats about it.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Hasn't it already been said that it's not happening this year in the UK...

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
right, who ever told me it was off... youuuuuuu are silly...

yes, it might be a slimmed down version of GIAN, but look:
http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e|artist=GIAN+2009&n|artist=null&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch&filler3=id1clickmusic&orderby=date

UNDEROATH AND TBS ON THE SAME NIGHT... perfect!
im really excited

oh, etf too... but umm yeah
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Check out this weeks kerrang.

Full line-up confirmed in it.

Headliners: UnderOATH and Taking Back Sunday
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
yeah i'm so excited
any other uk ugers gonna be hitting this? and which venue?

cant deciiiiide
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Sorry, Not underOATH.

Enter Sh*tKari

EDIT..

No...enter sh*tkari (sh*t)
and
Taking back sunday (emo sh*t)
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
underoath are playing!!!

enter ****kari are on another night.. forget about them!
Quote by SEALSniper1152

So they are.

Here's the lineup:

Enter Shikari - sh*t
The Blackout - not sure
The Academy Is - Sh*t
The King Blues - Sh*t
Emery - Sh*t
Lights - Sh*t
In This Moment - Sh*t
Taking Back Sunday - Sh*t
Underoath - Ok
Thursday - Sh*t
Escape the Fate - Good with old singer, sh*t with new one
Innerpartysystem - Sh*t
VersaEmerge - Sh*t
Whole Wheat Bread - Sh*t

Want to guess waht my answers going to be?
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
you're going? =]
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Totally
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
just bought my ticket for brixton to see underoath
Quote by SEALSniper1152

"The King Blues - Sh*t"

Yeah okay, have you even heard of them?

I can't believe they are on Kerrang! frontcovers this week...
I dislike the amount of hating going on in this thread, especially for Enter Shikari. I'm thinking you just dislike them because a lot of people like them. Either that or you're just going along with the crowd and taking a genuinely inventive band as a crap band because of what people say.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
says an enter shikari fan lool

i thought sorry you're not a winner was a good song for a few weeks, but the whole formula got old too quick for me. its not my type of music

i dont hate them, but i just dont think they deserve a headlining spot at gian. there are a lot of better bands out there. could have had FFAF non?
Quote by SEALSniper1152

Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
says an enter shikari fan lool

i thought sorry you're not a winner was a good song for a few weeks, but the whole formula got old too quick for me. its not my type of music

i dont hate them, but i just dont think they deserve a headlining spot at gian. there are a lot of better bands out there. could have had FFAF non?

I may be a fan but I appreciate all music, mate. Even if I wasn't a fan, I would still not gun them down. I think they deserve to be where they're at because they're a self-made band. FFAF wouldn't get the headline spot purely because they aren't as big as a draw as they were during Casually Dressed and Deep In Conversation or even Hours.

On another note, I'm annoyed that they don't deliver tickets to halls of residence. Means I can't order my tickets unless I get my dad to sign for them at my home address all the way down in London.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
thursday and king blues are the only entertaining bands there, and sadly ive seen a fair few of them. tbs are so shit live, i cant believe theyre headlining anything these days.