Hi

In a few weeks im going to build my first guitar and dive straight into the deep end.
Building a Copy Manson guitar then adding a Kaoss Pad to it.
http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/Muse%20gallery/images/Manson%20Black%20Midi%20Guitar.jpg for those who dont know of it.

Anyway,
1st Question, as im not building the neck myself because i cant be bothered tbh.
Would a telecaster neck be ok for it? Would it look stupid?
Because ive always like the feel of them.

2nd Question, I know that Matt Bellamy uses a Fernandes Sustainer in his manson so if possible i'd like to have one aswell.
Can someone give me some info on exactly what they are and what i'd have to do to fit one.

Thanks alot guys,
Fernandes Sustainer = A sustainer pickup that gives you an unlimited amount of (fake) sustain...

If i'm not wrong
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
yeah it makes your strings play the note your holding infinitly, also it can do the 5th harmonic of the not when in harmonic mode

i think a telecaster neck would look fine

and good luck i love his guitars!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Fernandes Sustainer = A sustainer pickup that gives you an unlimited amount of (fake) sustain...

If i'm not wrong

Make's the note last longer i guess?
I know i'm an idiot, I dont need telling
But i have to learn this stuff from somewhere, IM only 14 btw and im not building this guitar on my own.
Quote by rancidryan
yeah it makes your strings play the note your holding infinitly, also it can do the 5th harmonic of the not when in harmonic mode

i think a telecaster neck would look fine

and good luck i love his guitars!!!

Yeah ive always wanted one, Love the shape of them and the colour of the Kaoss Pad.

Planning to build a Mirror Manson with a Fuzz Factory after this guitar but i have no idea on how to get a Mirrored look.

I think i'll go with a telecaster neck then.
You can re-paint guitar neck's right?
Quote by Turnitdown
Make's the note last longer i guess?

err.. makes it last infinite long until you pull your finger of the fret

Hehe... i know how it's like to be 14-15...
I'm 15 also and i would love to repaint and place new pickups in my current guitars..
but i'm just to unexperienced to do it
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
err.. makes it last infinite long until you pull your finger of the fret

Hehe... i know how it's like to be 14-15...
I'm 15 also and i would love to repaint and place new pickups in my current guitars..
but i'm just to unexperienced to do it

Its possible to have 3 pickups right?

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-pickups/manson/mbk1-guitar-pickup-set/ These
and a Fernandes Sustainer?
You can have three pickups. You can actually have as many as will fit, you have enough wire, etc. But yeah, you could get three in there.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
You can have three pickups. You can actually have as many as will fit, you have enough wire, etc. But yeah, you could get three in there.

Thanks alot,

How hard would the wiring be.
http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-pickups/manson/mbk1-guitar-pickup-set/ These
A Fernandes FSK-101
And a Korg Kaoss Pad KP2 http://www.unmaintained.com/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=43#43

Would it be insanely hard to fit a Kaoss Pad? :S
^ the actual kaoss pad is not mouted in the guitar, only the screen and the hold button is the rest is not, so what you may wont to do is look into that further,

also matt bellamy dosent use manson pickups he use s over brands and has manson covers on them on pickup he uses is a barenuckle nail bomb in the bridge
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
^ the actual kaoss pad is not mouted in the guitar, only the screen and the hold button is the rest is not, so what you may wont to do is look into that further,

also matt bellamy dosent use manson pickups he use s over brands and has manson covers on them on pickup he uses is a barenuckle nail bomb in the bridge

Yeah ive looked into the Kaoss Pad alot, Its an XY Pad fitted into the guitar with a DB9 Cable coming out into the actual Kaoss Unit.

Ok im gonna go for This Bridge pickup http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-custom-pickups/manson/mbk-1-bridge-single-p90/

This Bridge one in chrome http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/brands/humbuckers/bare-knuckle/nail-bomb-guitar-pickup/

You dont have to buy Bridge pick ups in sets do you
if i understand right, bridge pups are wound hotter than neck. Putting two bridge pups in a guitar instead of a neck and bridge would give you a very heavy tone. It would probably hum like a bee's nest too, since most necks are RW/RP to be noise cancelling
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
if i understand right, bridge pups are wound hotter than neck. Putting two bridge pups in a guitar instead of a neck and bridge would give you a very heavy tone. It would probably hum like a bee's nest too, since most necks are RW/RP to be noise cancelling

I was gonna put the Fernandes Sustainer Pick up as the Neck pick up.
Which i still am going to do and im no longer buying the manson pick up to save money.
Just going to be the Bare Nuckle Nail Bomb and the Fernandes Sustainer now.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong

If i'm not wrong

why did you put fake in brackets?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
good choice with the bare knuckle.

that guitar looks nuts.

what they hell is a kaos pad?

where do 14 yr olds get this kinda money?
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
good choice with the bare knuckle.

that guitar looks nuts.

what they hell is a kaos pad?

where do 14 yr olds get this kinda money?

A Kaoss Pad is a kind of Guitar Synth Processor i think.
Well it makes tons of noises and Matthew Bellamy uses one,
He demonstrates it here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1QKF_AUsf2Q

In reply to the second question My Dad is a guitarist so he like's spending money on me this way. Hopefully he give's me some money towards it.
Ok , I'm curently building one myself , and just wanted to share my thougts.
You youself don't need half of the stuff Matt uses , if you don't eaven know what a Fernandes FSK is , why do you wan't one?

A Kaoss Pad is a general Effect modulator , not a "guitar synth".

If you wanna be like Matt I sugest you do what I've been doing , learn to ****ing play guitar.

The Manson M1D1 Matt uses is a verry sophisticated and complex guitar , no way a 14 year old kid can make one himself.
Quote by Kroaton
You youself don't need half of the stuff Matt uses , if you don't eaven know what a Fernandes FSK is , why do you wan't one?

If you wanna be like Matt I sugest you do what I've been doing , learn to ****ing play guitar.

The Manson M1D1 Matt uses is a verry sophisticated and complex guitar , no way a 14 year old kid can make one himself.

I want a FSK because i want Matt's Guitar. I looked at what he had, Researched it then decided if i want it and yes i do.
I want the Kaoss Manson.
In reply to a 14 Year old kid cant make one. Wanna bet?
I'll be back here in a few weeks to prove you wrong.
Last edited by Turnitdown at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by Kroaton

so what? you scratch on that lil pad like a turntable or something?

i understand its an effects Module, but i dont get how it works. does it have more then 1 effect? how do you adjust FX?

(sorry if the youtube vid explained all that, i dont have speakers on my comp at work)

EDIT: wow just did some googlin and i found out a lil more info on my own. for some reason i didnt expect that thing to turn on LMAO. it looks very interesting. where can i buy one of these things?
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
so what? you scratch on that lil pad like a turntable or something?

i understand its an effects Module, but i dont get how it works. does it have more then 1 effect? how do you adjust FX?

(sorry if the youtube vid explained all that, i dont have speakers on my comp at work)

Yeah it has about 60 Effect's i think. The Pad just Controls the parameters of the effects by scratching it.
It comes like this http://www.kaosspad.co.uk/images/KaossPad_kp2.jpg

Then you have to take the screen out and place the screen in the guitar, then the Rest of it will be placed on your rack to change the effect.
The Pad (Known as an XY Pad) Can be used to Control a Whammy Pedal aswell.
Last edited by Turnitdown at Jan 13, 2009,
wow this looked cool, until you said you have to take the screen out of it.

how the hell do you power it? gonna install a 120 v Outlet on the back too? (sorry i had to)

looks really cool and techy...sounds like too much work just to have a screen in your guitar.

put a lil more chrome on ur guitar and get some airbrush finish, and you could enter that thing into HIN.
Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
wow this looked cool, until you said you have to take the screen out of it.

how the hell do you power it? gonna install a 120 v Outlet on the back too? (sorry i had to)

looks really cool and techy...sounds like too much work just to have a screen in your guitar.

put a lil more chrome on ur guitar and get some airbrush finish, and you could enter that thing into HIN.

Whats HIN?

Just been given some advice from the muselive.com forums to get a Professional to put it into the guitar for me.
I think i'm gonna do that if i can find a profession that does it. (Waiting on a reply)
So you're getting all this stuff to put in a guitar, soley cos Matt Bellamy has it?
Regardless of if you even know what it is?
I think taking influence and wanting to build an experimental guitar like Bellamy's is a great idea, but research a LOT before you build it, unless of course you know exactly what you want/what does

Good luck.
This thread has made me listen to Muse. I'd forgotten what a great album Black Holes is. For that I thank you, and wish you luck with the build!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
So you're getting all this stuff to put in a guitar, soley cos Matt Bellamy has it?
Regardless of if you even know what it is?
I think taking influence and wanting to build an experimental guitar like Bellamy's is a great idea, but research a LOT before you build it, unless of course you know exactly what you want/what does

Good luck.

Yep thats what ive been doing today, Researching it. On my "Sick" day off school.

He's been my inspiration for music, without him i wouldnt be able to play guitar half as well as i can.
And he hasnt released a signiture guitar, Unless you get one made by manson but that would cost a hell of a lot of money.
So im building my own.