Well she just arrived... **** she took her good time, but I guess they all like to feel desired... *sigh*

Gave her a trial run. Little sustain, way too easy to play, strings way low (not a hint of buzz though, great setup!). I lowered the pups, going to change the strings to 11s and raise them a couple of millimeters.

The knobs are butt ugly too, so that'll go.

Tuners need a little tightening up.

And the JB at the bridge is DEFINITELY going. Yuck. I don't mind the JB in Super Strats but in that Les Paul it's just not fitting it. Jazz will go in.

And now to oil the fingerboard a bit before restringing her, before going to classes...

I don't have a digicam sorry.

So I used my mobile phone

very nice, happy new guitar day
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

jealous! very nice.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Not bad! I've played an Edwards, and while I can safely say that it's not the guitar for me (too lightweight, I want to feel the guitar on me , ya know?!), it has a pretty good sound for its money.

My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
*drools* >;O Treat her well man... Treat her well.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
where did you get Edwards guitar?
Quote by Nexium
Ive accidently busted my nut.
Got it second hand what I believe is a decent price for such a guitar. She's a good one! Very resonant and a lovely accoustic tone.

I took the JB out, put in a Jazz (bridge). Also oiled/cleaned the fingerboard (didn't polish the frets for once, didn't really need to), cleaned up the whole body and raised the strings. They were VERY low with no buzz at all. Whoever set it up did it well but I don't like when strings are that low. I like to bend under the strings, so I had to raise them quite a bit. Now there's too much relief though and I got some open string buzz on the low E and A strings... hopefully overnight the neck will settle (put in 11s, there were 09s before) and straighten. If not I'll need to adjust it but I don't know what truss rod wrench size is needed for it...
Congrates, that thing is Beautiful!
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
set buy a metric set of allen wrenches and that will more than likely have the one u need
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
i think i've seen this before...

sweet guitar EDIT: i'm not fussed on JBs in superstrats either, but you're right, at least they kind of suit that 80s metal/hair metal type of tone. in a LP it's like
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 13, 2009,
You're right, this being my first Les Paul it's ALLOVER the Net right now ah

Anyway... Build quality isn't as good as I'd expect. All the flaws are in the binding though. Still better than any Epiphones I've seen and a lot of Gibsons I played had similar building issues.

She's loud and bright unplugged, which I like in a Les Paul. Quite heavy too. They say the lightest LPs tend to be the warmest, I can see that now a bit better...

59 in the neck is a tiny bit too bassy for me, and the Jazz in the bridge will go if I find a decently priced Bareknuckle me thinks.
the binding on mine is perfect as far as i can see, but the orange colour/aging does go over the nut a little. other than that, though, the workmanship on mine is pretty great. mine seems to be quite light for a les paul, too, but it seems quite bright (for a LP) too... could be wrong, though, it's a lot warmer than, say, a strat.

yeah, the '59's not perfect (though ideally i'd like to upgrade the tone and volume knobs etc. before replacing pickups, but whether or not i have the patience is another matter), but it's a lot better than the JB. at least the '59 is in the ballpark of a LP pickup, while the JB isn't...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow, she looks beautiful and sounds tasty too. Low action without buzzing.Yummy.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Yeah I raised the strings a lot and now she buzzes open on the low E and A Can't take low, low string height anymore. That and 09s make a guitar impossible to play for me. I put some 11s and raised the strings.
sweet, i know how you feel, i just got my first Les Paul ever a few days ago, here she is...

08 Wine Red Gibson Les Paul Studio
Pretty sweet
I've been looking into Edwards LPs how much did this one run you?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I like Edward's Superstrats better, because I don't like the Les Paul shape at all.
Thats a thing of beauty even while looking at it via grainy camera-phone pics.

Nice catch!
Thanks guys. Liking it more and more... Damn that open string buzz though!!
You must have been really happy when your guitar arrived. It looks nice to me, but i don't know anything about Edwards Les Pauls. I had to wait about 2 weeks for my new Kinman pickups, so I know what it's like to wait for new gear to arrive. The new pickups are now in my guitar, they sound great, and if you want to see a picture, look in my profile. I have a habit about making every second post end up being about my guitar.
Last edited by kilbie at Jan 14, 2009,
It's alright you're forgiven.

Pimping currently happening: Pickup ordered, bridge + tailpiece shipped. Next in line = electronics + tech visit for neck shim.