Im bored so i was wondering, what weird effects or sounds have you found with random objects?

I found a kinda cool, can be creepy sounding, well sound by sliding a battery with the flat end on the string up and down the strings on my bass
Anyone ever picked with like a coin, or a tap of a soda can?

Get some different tones with that, not too wierd, just different
If you put earbuds next to your pickups
theyll play it through your amp
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I found a sound like sirens if i beat someone to death with my guitar.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I get a blip with my remo0tes and stuff through my amp when I use it nearby.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Darkflame
'cuz zelda 40 tube watts is PURE BR00T4LZ, especially with some wah, fuzz n' delay

Can't.
Stop.
Laughing.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Darkflame
the gameboy on the pickups too, 'cuz zelda 40 tube watts is PURE BR00T4LZ, especially with some wah, fuzz n' delay

For that, I love you.

Anyway, on-topic, I got a big amount of feedback by shoving my pickups near the power brick for my laptops charging cord. Clamping the pickup magnet and another magnet down on the string also makes an interesting sound. As does rubbing the string against one of the pole pieces of the neck pickup(only worked on my strat, and strangely only in the mid-bridge or bridge pickup position). Shoving a dead battery into my chorus and running that as my only effect also produced what sounded like satan talking through my amp on open mic night in hell.

Then there's the usual feedback stuff people complain about that I like.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by Thunderbird660
Anyone ever picked with like a coin, or a tap of a soda can?

Get some different tones with that, not too wierd, just different

Yup... Well, better examples come from Billy Gibbons and Brian May. Gibbons uses a pick made out of a Mexican Peso and May uses a penny or some of the weird currency they use in England.

I've used stainless steel and brass picks... SS is shilly and brass has more attack but not too bright as SS.

I wouldn't use magnets close to my pups... they may affect tone a bit (or a lot) depending on the magnets.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
today i discovered that my fender strat with the strings muted combined with my rocktronic tube amp, cranked, can produce crazy feedback noises generated by the hum from the single coils (either that, or they are microphonic. but it's pretty cool)

positions 1 and 5 = almost a theremin sound, pitch varies depending on distance from the amp (closer means higher pitch sound), and once it reaches a certain distance it stops completely.
positions 2 and 4 = no feedback unless
position 3 = very high-pitched squeal

so i can turn this noise on and off with the pickup selector. and vary the pitch by dancing around in front of the amp.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
today i discovered that my fender strat with the strings muted combined with my rocktronic tube amp, cranked, can produce crazy feedback noises generated by the hum from the single coils (either that, or they are microphonic. but it's pretty cool)

positions 1 and 5 = almost a theremin sound, pitch varies depending on distance from the amp (closer means higher pitch sound), and once it reaches a certain distance it stops completely.
positions 2 and 4 = no feedback unless
position 3 = very high-pitched squeal

so i can turn this noise on and off with the pickup selector. and vary the pitch by dancing around in front of the amp.

Gotta love feedback coming from a totally open chord (the lowest, the better).

When I was young and stupid, I'd used to rub the guitar directly to the amp's speaker grill to get the craziest feedback possible. Rubbing the strings with the amp's knobs or edges make sliding effects and pitch variations...

(Kinky) chicks dig it.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore