Yesterday i was shopping around and i played an Ibanez RG... It played and felt great but my only problem is the double-locking trem... I was just looking online, and i see a lot of the Ibanez models come with a floating bridge, so i really have to narrow my search to find something that i'm looking for... My question is, with the models that have the locking trems, do they make versions of them with fixed bridges? The only two good (affordable) ones i found online is the RGA121 and RGT42FXQM... I hate to narrow my search this much but this is only going to be my 2nd guitar and i don't want to have to worry about maintaing the floating bridge, and want to easily change b/w tunings.
Last edited by VanMaidenFan88 at Jan 13, 2009,
If it's Edge 3, avoid it, as it's pretty much guaranteed to crap out eventually, especially if you don't have experience with floating bridge maintenance.
If you don't need the floating bridge then by all mean avoid it. It's gives a bit extra but set back a whole lots of hassles.

But this might be what you're looking for
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RGT42FXQM
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
If you don't need the floating bridge then by all mean avoid it. It's gives a bit extra but set back a whole lots of hassles.

But this might be what you're looking for
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RGT42FXQM

Yep im trying to decide b/w that and the RGA121... The RGT is a little cheaper... The only thing i don't like is the little dot inlays all the way at the bottom of the fretboard, but that's pretty miniscule... If it costs me a few hundred dollars less ill definitely take it... Also do u know if the INF1/2 pickups are any better/worse than the IBZV7/V8?
Quote by webbtje
If it's Edge 3, avoid it, as it's pretty much guaranteed to crap out eventually, especially if you don't have experience with floating bridge maintenance.

+1 My Edge III never really goes out of tune unless I start to use the whammy, then it goes horribly out of tune, which is bad because the reason it's double locking is so it doesn't really go out of tune. The guitar is fantastic, but this issue sucks.
Quote by VanMaidenFan88
I just called Sam Ash and the guy said the RGA121 is a discontinued model... How is that possible if they have it on the website?

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_RGA121HCDR%20RGA%20Prestige%20Electric%20Guitar%20Crushed%20Dark%20Ruby_-1_10052_10002_-49972778_cmCategorySA182593

Because it hasn't sold yet so it's just sitting in inventory
Quote by Yorkville
Because it hasn't sold yet so it's just sitting in inventory

Damn... I called GC as well and the guy said he'll call me back when he finds out... What i found interesting is that both the RGA121 & RGT42FXQM are like $100-$200 cheaper w/ Sam Ash compared to GC... But i guess GC would negotiate to give me the lowest price... At least thats what the ads say lol.