what are these like to play? are the tremolos etc. of good quality? and most importantly, how do they compare to Gibson?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I played one and hated it.It was extremely heavy and the QC was bad,but that may have just been the particular model I played,you can never judge something like that on one guitar.The trem was ok,needed a better set up though.I didn't really like the pickups,they seemed really harsh and "trebley" for lack of a better word.The neck felt nice though,but the look and finish was just weird.

I think comparing them to Gibson is like comparing apples and oranges,they're just too different to make any accurate comparisons IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Just wondering but how old are you? Nothing personal or anything just would like to know.
Why must they be comparable to Gibson?

Dean overdo the Razorback and anything related to Dimebag is overpriced and not that good quality but then again i'm biased as I cannot stand him. I'm sure he was a good guitar player and he was a brilliant guy, but his legacy has got to the point where its bordering on "over the top".

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i played a 2000 dollar razorback and it was awful. it sounds like crap if you arent playing pantera, may be the shape of the guitar, or the dimebucker. do yourself a favor and dont buy one.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
way to overpriced poor build and not really very nice to play I'd steer clear if I were you
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
im 15 next month, and i waso nly comparing to gibson, cus i couldnt decide to save for a dean or a gibson, cus i love both

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

The only people who buy Dean razorbacks are 13 - 16 year old teenagers who want to look teh bRoo00oo0oo0oo0000tAlZzzZ.

Comparing Gibson and Dean are like comparing chalk and cheese, both have different roles in the market. Gibson are a famous brand, its why they are so popular even to those who haven't played one, just the legend that is Gibson.

There are plenty of other "radical" guitar shapes out there that are much better value for your money.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i been looking at a Gibson faded V. i love the shape and the faded red.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

was playing one literally half an hour ago in the shop and played it several time before. iv tried quite alot of guitars but am yet to play one better than this.

and it actually feels lighter than my strat.
make sure to test a flying V before you buy it. it feels great to some people but others cant stand them. i love the way they look but in my hands they feel very akward. i also happen to NEED a guitar you can comfortably sit down and play, but thats me
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by Chrisiphone
The only people who buy Dean razorbacks are 13 - 16 year old teenagers who want to look teh bRoo00oo0oo0oo0000tAlZzzZ.

I guess that makes me a 13-16 year old teenager then? ^Silly answers like that make me cringe.

Anyone that says these are bad quality guitars haven't been around one enough. I've gigged mine 2-3 times weekly for the last 3 years with no problem. Except Jackson's and some Peavy LFR's.. Dean has the best one on the market. My Kimaxe has an OFR in it and the two are both very solid systems; never had trouble with either of them. All of the hardware on the Razorback is made by Grover and the factory they're made at in Korea has a very high QC compared to Gibson. I like how most people on UG jump on the bandwagon and say how bad something is when they've just played them for 5 minutes in Guitar Center where it was never set up properly. I've had mine for a little over 3 years and I never regret the purchase

There are other radical shapes out there so don't limit your scope to the Razorback unless you really like the Razorback shape.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
ok heres the deal. sex offenders are extremely gay, and shouldnt be alive. please never talk gitar in here again because you like little tiny boys. (like for real)

p.s this is to you Pr0gNut faggit ass
Quote by iownatbass
ok heres the deal. sex offenders are extremely gay, and shouldnt be alive. please never talk gitar in here again because you like little tiny boys. (like for real)

Grow up little ****.

Anywhos I've tried razorbacks and I don't see why they are popular, they really don't do anything for me, and the neck is extremely uncomfortable.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
i had 2 razorbacks and sold em both for a gibson. that tells you all you need to know
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
when ever i go in the guitar shop i always like to test all the new deliveries they have, but i always end up on the razorback in the end
Quote by jkielq91
when ever i go in the guitar shop i always like to test all the new deliveries they have, but i always end up on the razorback in the end

I'm not sure that makes much sense as the larger mahogany body of the Dean should be alot heavier than the alder body of a strat. I'm glad it feels lighter to you though.

Anyways I would definately stay away from any Dean guitar as they are overpriced, of poor quality in anything but the US made series and really you can get something so much more better suited for you for this kind of money. I would definitely go with the gibson but I think Jackson and ESP/LTD would be alot better suited for you. Also when I was 15 I wanted a gibson too but your still young, why put every cent you have into a guitar when you can get away with something a bit more affordable that you still like? When your older you can get the gibson and you'll have a goal to look forward to.

Btw I'd take a look at DBZ guitars as they are from the creator of dean and might be up your alley.

Also what styles do you play?
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
You can never ever compare a Dean and a Gibson. Maybe the Dean Custom Shop stuff or the new DBZ stuff.
Quote by iownatbass

Thank you, you just made me loose 15 IQ points with this hot steaming load of dumbassery.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I've played one, I really did not like it. The painted neck felt sticky and that fretboard just felt weird. The tremolo is licensed, which is kinda ridiculous for a $1000 guitar. It's also really heavy, and sort of awkward to play. But it looks cool, or at least I think so.
well in australia they dont even have them, well in adelaide they dont
im glad some1 started this thread, coz i was thinkin of gettin a razorback, but i cant try them out. and i also earn **** all money and cant get a dam job
Honestly i like the razorbacks, I think there decent guitars, but I wouldnt trade my ESP for one. But why would you really want someone else's signature guitar? Other than maybe for collection.
Peace be thy journey
79 series is a much better value. iwoudn't trade mine for a studio that's for sure.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
anyone seen the Warbird? thats probably gona be what i get. i love the war theme, and the licensed floyd rose.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
anyone seen the Warbird? thats probably gona be what i get. i love the war theme, and the licensed floyd rose.

take a look at the dean ml knight, the warbird is tacky IMO
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by Chrisiphone
Just wondering but how old are you? Nothing personal or anything just would like to know.
Why must they be comparable to Gibson?

Dean overdo the Razorback and anything related to Dimebag is overpriced and not that good quality but then again i'm biased as I cannot stand him. I'm sure he was a good guitar player and he was a brilliant guy, but his legacy has got to the point where its bordering on "over the top".

Ive seen a few cheap Deanbags, for around $249.99 at the local music shop, brand new. they had dimes head on the headstock, which is kinda creapy. Not bad playing guitars but. Meh. I dont really like Dean.
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
This is why i hate everyone on UG. they dont understand about the passion in the guitar. TS to be honest most people on UG hate dean, because deans quality used to be quite bad, now thow, it is excellent, ive played several razorbacks, they are outstanding, the V nick s a master piece. The razorbacks look a bit too metal looking for me, id love an ml with that kind of neck thow. The SD 'bucker is a more than capeable pup if you have a decent tuve amp, the trems are licenced, but the are made by Ping, which is a good thing, I had a dime-o-flame for a few months (uses the same tremolo as the RB's) and i droped dives on it every day, it didnt need to be tuned for months. When people say that they are overpriced, my reply is get f*cked. The case, the features, the hardware and the looks are more than worth the £650 price tag. if you want one, join the dean guitar fourm and everyone there is more than willing to help out
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
This is why i hate everyone on UG. they dont understand about the passion in the guitar. TS to be honest most people on UG hate dean, because deans quality used to be quite bad, now thow, it is excellent, ive played several razorbacks, they are outstanding, the V nick s a master piece. The razorbacks look a bit too metal looking for me, id love an ml with that kind of neck thow. The SD 'bucker is a more than capeable pup if you have a decent tuve amp, the trems are licenced, but the are made by Ping, which is a good thing, I had a dime-o-flame for a few months (uses the same tremolo as the RB's) and i droped dives on it every day, it didnt need to be tuned for months. When people say that they are overpriced, my reply is get f*cked. The case, the features, the hardware and the looks are more than worth the £650 price tag. if you want one, join the dean guitar fourm and everyone there is more than willing to help out

I never thought I would have to correct a Dean supporter...

Dean's quality used to be top notch, handmade custom instruments from 1977-c.1987. Then Armadillo Enterprises bought the company and Mr. Zelinksy wasn't heading it at this time. These instruments were pretty awesome too but not like the Handmade actual Deans. Around 1995 is when the QC dropped bigtime and in 200? Mr. Zelinsky came back to head the USA division under one rule: The QC had to come back up. He handpicked the factory in Korea that makes the Korean Deans for their exceptional QC. Today's imports are quality instruments that are par to many USA made guitars today from other companies. For half the price tag too

Deans had V necks from c1980-1990, this is nothing new for a Dean. Early Fenders and most preWWII acoustics had V necks. You can find ML's with a V neck pretty easy. All of Dean's hardware (including the LFR) is made by Grover, not Ping. The Dimebucker is somewhat harsh compared to other Rail pickups but if you roll your tone knob back a little (Yes you actually have a use for it now ) it compensates for that.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]