hey guys i wanted to upgrade my guitar i currently have a squire telecaster.
I need it to be farely versitile ranging from cleans sounds for indie to nickelback and linkin park rock.

Im going to a farely well stocked guitar store soon to try some out so have u got any ideas.

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
What's your price range?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
o sorry i forgot to say its about anything up to £250 maybe £300 if i realli like the guitar. It needs to be nice ashteticallly and sound. im getting a roland cube 30x next week so im sorted with the amp becasue before many people were saying upgrade my amp.

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
So, it looks like your max price is $396.38 in USD?
I'd recommend an Epiphone G-400 (SG) if you can get one. I think they're about $400.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
what kind of gutiar do you want? i mean, fender or epiphone or ibanez etc.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Ergh grammar fail.

Do you like stratocaster shape guitars, les paul shape etc?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
What kind of styles you like? A Vintage LP would be a pretty good shout, or an Ibanez RG321

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72473
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/72458
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71827
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I agree with Mark on the Ibanez RG321. It should serve you well for a wide assortment of stuff.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
never ever buy a squier if you can afford ANYTHING else. look for epiphone. or fender or ibanez,

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by camhussynec
go with a dean zx or a squire telecaster

quote me if i am wrong but i stated i already own a telecaster by squire

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
and thanks for the ideas im lookin at the ibanez.
i like all shapes realli excpet the bc rich ones so strat, lp i dont want a tele as i already have one.

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
would the ibanez rg123 withstand live playing.
if anyone owns it would u b able to submit a quick review please:

kinda like
sound/tone:
verstility:
action:

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
Go to the shop and give a few guitars a go. You may find one you really like that you didn't really think of. For £300 you should get a nice guitar in the UK. At the moment alot of shops are willing to cut prices to do a deal so check the cheapest prices you can find on the internet and then start bargaining. Don't forget though it is better to pay a little extra to buy from a good guitar shop that will set the guitar up properly for you.

Good Luck

I own a RG321, the mahogany version though.

It's really not that good. Personally I find the neck far too thin to be comfortable and the general build quality isn't that great. I suppose it's okay for a cheap metal shredder guitar but even though it's got a range of coil splits and series switching, I don't find it very versatile tonally. I can't say I'd recommend it myself.

I do agree that the Vintage guitars suggested before are very good for the money, they're basically the best Les Paul copies we can get here in the UK without spending over the odds.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
ok thanks guys.
yea i read sum bad stuff bout the rg123 but i fancy tryin sum ibanez and sum strat and les paul copies, epiphone seem 2 b a good option as well

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by josh_hammers
would the ibanez rg123 withstand live playing.
if anyone owns it would u b able to submit a quick review please:

kinda like
sound/tone:
verstility:
action:

Action from the factory doesnt really make a difference as you can easily change it whenever you like.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
im not 2 sure whether 2 get an electric or acoustic i was just weighing up my options

im an intermediate to advanced player so dont need anythng expensive coz im only in secondary school and cant afford anything expensive

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
Last edited by josh_hammers at Jan 13, 2009,
I reckon with your budget id be very tempted to get the EG for £240 which is very cheap for the guitar. Then spend the other £60 on a nice meaty humbucker for the bridge.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
okay guys thanks alot does anyone have the squire jagmaster??
if so is it good??

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
The Jagmaster's lovely, but go for the PRS SE EG! If not, the Jagmaster is a brilliant little guitar.
ok kool lol ill try and play one in the music shop called PMT in southend near me thanks for the advice man

gear
Yamaha Pacifica 612v
Squier Tele
Roland Cube 30x
Freshman Acoustic
yamaha pacifica 612V?
washburn x50pro?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by josh_hammers
ok kool lol ill try and play one in the music shop called PMT in southend near me thanks for the advice man

I use the local PMT shop and the guys in there are friendly and helpful. Unlike some guitar shops the staff are not a bit odd and they give you honest answers and advice. Their shops are normally well stocked and they are happy to let you play various guitars to make your mind up. Best time to go is when the shop is quieter.

Also they will match any real price you can find on the internet which means you can get a good deal on price as well.