i bought a slide and im pretty much clueless how to start playing slide guitar

i checked on ug there is a lesson in how to play some stuff but it doesnt cover technique that well

so here is a bunch of questions

can i play slide guitar with a pick or do i need to use my fingers?

how can i get rid of the annoying buzzing when i slide the slide?

which finger should i use if im a beginner?

how much pressure do i need to apply?

do i need a special guitar for playing slide like a resonator or a high action guitar or can i use my steell acoustic?

can anybody post some links to some lessons ? or easy songs to learn?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Yes, you can play with a pick. The annoying buzz is either the low action of your guitar, or your slide isn't making good contact with all the strings. You should use whichever finger is more comfortable(I use my pinky). Apply enough pressure to ensure good contact with all the strings, but not enough that you hit the frets of the guitar. No, you don't need a special guitar, but high action guitars are easier to use. I don't know of any lessons, but the first song that I learned for slide was "Walking Blues" by Eric Clapton.
Quote by stefan1988
i bought a slide and im pretty much clueless how to start playing slide guitar

i checked on ug there is a lesson in how to play some stuff but it doesnt cover technique that well

so here is a bunch of questions

1 - can i play slide guitar with a pick or do i need to use my fingers?

how can i get rid of the annoying buzzing when i slide the slide?

2 - which finger should i use if im a beginner?

3 - how much pressure do i need to apply?

4 - do i need a special guitar for playing slide like a resonator or a high action guitar or can i use my steell acoustic?

can anybody post some links to some lessons ? or 5 - easy songs to learn?

any help is appreciated

1 - Both work, it's just different tones.

2 - I would say use your pinky as that leaves the most fingers for other things but a lof of people use the ring finger and still do some amazing things so it's really all down to preference.

3 - Not much at all; you only really need to touch the strings very lightly as too much and you'll just end up fretting the notes.

4 - You don't need a special guitar but higher action does help, it means you can put more pressure on the strings without worrying about fretting properly. You may also want to try using an open tuning of some kind, they can make finding easily playable notes much easier without having to move the slide around as much as in standard tuning as well as making chords much more playable.

5 - The intro to Freebird is a good place to start, as is the main riff to Bad Horsie by Steve Vai.

Sorry I can't answer your other questions but that's really all I can do, good luck man
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
4 - You don't need a special guitar but higher action does help, it means you can put more pressure on the strings without worrying about fretting properly. You may also want to try using an open tuning of some kind, they can make finding easily playable notes much easier without having to move the slide around as much as in standard tuning as well as making chords much more playable.

i think thats mostly my problem the low action of the guitar but i dont want to change it X_X i love instruments with low action but will heavier strings help me out? or do i always have to change the action?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
i think thats mostly my problem the low action of the guitar but i dont want to change it X_X i love instruments with low action but will heavier strings help me out? or do i always have to change the action?

If you have an acoustic I'd try to learn on that if I were you then get another guitar and set it up for slide when you're good enough to warrant it/can afford it. I don't think heavier strings will really help in this case though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.