I found a signature guitar on ebay while browsing and after I checked it out I noticed that he had removed the signature pickups of the artist and his signature from the headstock.
The rest looks legit so I asked him why he's still selling it under the artists name if it doesn't even have his pickups anymore and basically renders it a normal version of that guitar.

Do I even have a right to just call this guy out even if I have no intention of buying the guitar?
To be honest I don't think you really can...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i dont get why he would buy a signature as they are overpriced and then take away its only distinctive features hmmm...........
quite often its so much more than pickups and a signature that makes a Siggy. often youll find that parts have been reworked, rrshaped and recrafted to make it theirs...

it all depends on which siggy it is though...
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
I think e-Bay can't do crap to people who try to rip others off so basically it's your dumb ass that's gonna feel raped and oh-so-alone after you bought it.

Then again I don't know anything about e-Bay and I really don't care about this whole situation.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by Epiphone'sRock
i dont get why he would buy a signature as they are overpriced and then take away its only distinctive features hmmm...........

It's a guitar shop too, it's not even a single person.
You totally do have the right. If he's trying to rip off another guitarist, you're helping somebody out.
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Sure you have the right, if the pickups and name are gone, its not really a signature any more
Id call em out on it too
Quote by Shukman_Jr
You totally do have the right. If he's trying to rip off another guitarist, you're helping somebody out.

Well actually if it says in the description of the item then no, it's not a rip off at all as any buyer should be well aware of the mods.

TS: You can do nothing, especially if you're not a buyer.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well actually if it says in the description of the item then no, it's not a rip off at all as any buyer should be well aware of the mods.

TS: You can do nothing, especially if you're not a buyer.

But it feels so wrong that he's selling it under a wrong name.

It would be like me buying a Gibson Les Paul and selling it as a Slash signature, except that it has different pickups...
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
But it feels so wrong that he's selling it under a wrong name.

It would be like me buying a Gibson Les Paul and selling it as a Slash signature, except that it has different pickups...

Well if the modifications have been listed in the item's description there's really nothing at all you can do: the description is accurate and there's no false advertising. The price may be more of a sticky issue but it's ebay, the price isn't fixed anyway.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Well if the modifications have been listed in the item's description there's really nothing at all you can do: the description is accurate and there's no false advertising. The price may be more of a sticky issue but it's ebay, the price isn't fixed anyway.

Oh well, come to think of it, it doesn't look half bad with the other pickups and the might be just as good, plus it's only 3/5ths of the normal price.