I bought a Jackson DK2S about 5 months ago because I couldn't stand my Fender Squier anymore.
I've always noticed that the whole body is a little fatter and less compact then the squier. Also, the floyd rose seems to put more space between the strings.
Even when I have 0.10 strings on it they don't feel very tight. I have difficulties not 'slipping' the notes away. But now I realize that most shredders use this axe too? Is it just me or could I change something? I also experience that when you press a fret you have to really press it down (more space between string and body) and when you want to go to the next string your hand oughts to 'climb up' to that string because it's not pressed to the ground.
Finally, it feels like it takes more effort to for example play this change:
e-------
B-------
G-----5
D-5--3
A-3---
E------

In comparison to a fender, where you barely have to put effort for it.

Does anybody feels the same or is it assumable that I'm just whining and I have to practice harder (I actually hope the latter, because then the problem isn't too big)
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
It could be a technique issue but can I ask you is your floyd level and parallel with the body?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
sounds like the action (space between the stings and neck) is to high. I think with a floyd rose, if you open up the back plate of the guitar and tighten the springs it will lower the bridge (although this gives less room to use the whammy bar) lowering thing action. Or, you could get the guitar set up somewhere. I dont think its to expensive to have that done.
Quote by redrumsixsix6
sounds like the action (space between the stings and neck) is to high. I think with a floyd rose, if you open up the back plate of the guitar and tighten the springs it will lower the bridge (although this gives less room to use the whammy bar) lowering thing action. Or, you could get the guitar set up somewhere. I dont think its to expensive to have that done.

You are mistaken sir if you are messing with action you do not need to touch the springs at all, you just need to raise the 2 bolts on either side of your floyd.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
everything is parallel As far as I know
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Quote by 08L1V10N
everything is parallel As far as I know

Well thats your first step it may be an issue with your neck then
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
loosen the strings, pull the bridge of the knife edges and turn the pivot posts CLOCKWISE. turn them 2-3 times and put the bridge back against the posts and tune back up. repeat untill strings are close to the fretboard but do not buzz.

oh, and next time use the SEARCHBAR!!!!!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Thanks a lot.
Quote by razorback91

did it work?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
I think your action is too high. Action is the distance from the strings to the neck (How high above the neck the strings are). It's really easy to lower, there should be two screws on your bridge on the sides, just loosen or tighten them to raise or lower the action. You won't have to retune or anything.