i been wondering what this is.. and what does it do.. when i play open it sounds a lot diferent to when im playing fretted notes.. not the tone but the length and the eq of it, will it make my open notes sound different

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=2&data_id=1041&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=51

imcase the pic dont work.. its the thing on tht guitar in the link to the ight of the first fret, yes thts model of my guitar

the thing to the right of the first fret
Attachments:
td.bmp
Thatd be your locking nut, basically its what locks your tuning so that when you use the floyd it doesnt go radically out of tune every time.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by funky-lemon
where can i get a locking nut ?

They generally come in floyd equipped guitars but you can buy them as well.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
They generally come in floyd equipped guitars but you can buy them as well.

Yep, practically every hardware manufacturer makes locking nuts. TS, why would you want one? They are only necessary on guitars with a double locking tremolo like a Floyd Rose, so if you don't have something like that, you won't need a locking nut.
And, if you don't have one and buy one, tuning will take a bit extra amount of time.
Granted, if your tuners suck and go of tune frequently, then I guess it makes sense...
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
If your neck is not prepared for a locking nut slot then forget it. Go for a set of locking tuners instead if you have a non-locking tremolo.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R