Halp!

I've got these grease stains on my bass!

It's an agathis body, and it's just a patch where it gets a little shinier and the colour darker. It's above the pickups, where my forearm rests, and in the groove between the pickup and the body, where my thumb goes. Theres also a little grease on the pickups.

I don't treat it like crap and I'm quite annoyed. I've tried wet and dry paper towels and kitchen cleaner on it. All to no avail. Do I need to supply pictures or does anyone out there know a quick fix? I don't want to have to buy special guitar cleaning stuff...

=[
From what you described I'm imagining that your bass has a natural wood finish. If it does I don't think there is anything you can do about that short of sanding and having it refinished. If I were you I wouldn't worry about it too much since it's under where your arm/hand go so you can't see it while you are playing. Plus it adds character to your insrument imho
Whoa...I've never seen a transparent finish on an Agathis body before. Looks cool.

That looks like it has a matte finish. Is it really a grease-stain, or is it where you've rubbed the finish smooth?
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Whoa...I've never seen a transparent finish on an Agathis body before. Looks cool.

That looks like it has a matte finish. Is it really a grease-stain, or is it where you've rubbed the finish smooth?

Actually it might be that.
It sounds like you've simply polished part of the bass with the epic amount of time you've rocked out on it. Kudos, wear it as a badge of pride.
Quote by aguacateojos
It sounds like you've simply polished part of the bass with the epic amount of time you've rocked out on it. Kudos, wear it as a badge of pride.

I've had the thing 2 months -__- maybe tough. Allright. I think you guys have officially failed me. Thanks for the support. I'll just ask my teacher.
Quote by jimm, ey?
I've had the thing 2 months -__- maybe tough. Allright. I think you guys have officially failed me. Thanks for the support. I'll just ask my teacher.

No, we haven't "officially failed you." The bass has a satin matte finish, that you have simply worn away. The only way you're going to sort it out is by sanding it down and refinishing it. Satin finishes won't shine when polished because of the additives it contains to get that dulled look.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No, we haven't "officially failed you." The bass has a satin matte finish, that you have simply worn away. The only way you're going to sort it out is by sanding it down and refinishing it. Satin finishes won't shine when polished because of the additives it contains to get that dulled look.

Sorry diddn't mean it like that.

You've failed to find me a quick, easy way out. I was looking for a cleaning solution or something like that. Thanks to you I am aware that I have to get of my arse and spend some time and money.

Thanks for the advice.