heya!

I've been playing guitar for about a year now, and when summer starts im gonna buy a new guitar. Since i have no experience with different guitars i though maybe you guys could help

I really want an Ibanez, they're so sexy and it's a guitar im ready to spend cash for.
I have small hands (which annoys me) so are there some models with thinner necks, or any special necks I can order to make a custom guitar that fits me?
standing up when playing is really hard for me, my fingers just aren't long enough. hell, I cant even play the intro riff from nightwish song Dark Chest of Wonders when i stand up, since my fingers are too short !

any tips appreciated

I dont wanna be known as the "sitting guitarist" >.<
Ibanez RG has the thinnest neck they make.
Buy a fixed bridge tho as floyd's are a pain.
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
ibanez is def is the way to go they have the thinnest necks and rgs are very nice too
Raise your strap then, it's not cool to play it near your knees.

A height you can comfortably play at well is the best.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Most Ibanezes have thin necks.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Chrisiphone
Raise your strap then, it's not cool to play it near your knees.

A height you can comfortably play at well is the best.

+1

Also keep practicing both standing up and sitting down, it's just a matter of practicing.
Small hands? You might wanna try something with a more Fender/Squier shaped neck, tbh. My gf can't stretch across an Ibby, but Fender-shaped necks are comfortable.

It's a slim neck, but wide across, Fender style necks are the opposite, narrow, but thicker.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
Ibanez RG has the thinnest neck they make.
Buy a fixed bridge tho as floyd's are a pain.

+1