Page 1 of 12
Well me too!

Yesterday at school these 9/11 conspiracy folks had a booth set up in one of our hallways. Their position was to "educate" people about their views on 9/11, which were that the Bush administration set up and planned the whole thing. Deciding to see what their arguments were I went over there and talked to one of the guys. Let me tell you this, he would not, I mean NOT stop talking. He wouldnt even let me say a damn thing. Whether he was pointing testamonies (that were false, and taken completly out of context) or how WTC7 fell without every being hit by a plane, the dude would not shut up. He then preceeded to talk about WTC how the fire that was fueled by jet fuel isnt hot enought to melt the steel. He claims that there were detections of thermite (A chemical that is present in demolition) and how they were brought down by explosives. Admist all of this he stops and says hes starting a group in my school about this issue. As I look at the peice of paper my heart kind of sank as I was very suprised how many people actually signed up.

Is there that many people that actually believe this crap? I mean the arguments that he presented were easily refutable. The testomonies that he presented were taken horribly out of context. Im tired of this because people read **** and take it as truth when really they never look at the other side.

Is anyone else sick of it?

EDIT: Seeing how hostile this thread is getting I would like to encourage everyone to try to keep things civil.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Last edited by preludetowar at Jan 13, 2009,
Not really, I still find it kind of interesting, because I can't figure it out properly, and there is definitely something wrong with the governments story.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
it is a pain in the ass, those people i mean. all of their theories have been disproved by science
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
it is a pain in the ass, those people i mean. all of their theories have been disproved by science

+1
Agree
I think it's as true as the end of the world on 21 december 2012, it's both a bunch of crap.
The other day, I saw a documentary on 21 december, and it's also taken horribly out of context, extremely vague, and if they say the predictors have good histories, they give examples, but they don't give huge missers...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by Jesstaa
Not really, I still find it kind of interesting, because I can't figure it out properly, and there is definitely something wrong with the governments story.

Actually, no there isn't. I'm all for being sceptical, but 2 planes flew into the towers and they fell down. Nothing complicated there.
I'm annoyed at it because they look at it as a event of conspiracy and show no sensitivity towards the ones who lost loved ones
Quote by Jesstaa

+1

I don't buy into it completely, but there are some things that are unexplained.
Quote by SmarterChild
Actually, no there isn't. I'm all for being sceptical, but 2 planes flew into the towers and they fell down. Nothing complicated there.

Yeah, from an overview it seems that way, but look into it deeper, like the pentagon, and the building neerby that was demolished without enough time for a demo crew to get in and plant the explosives.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by eyebanez333
+1

I don't buy into it completely, but there are some things that are unexplained.

Such as?
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

i would listen to the theories, but i just dont believe that the bush administration was smart enough to pull off a conspiracy like that
Quote by Jesstaa

The governments story checks out. Proof: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html As much as I hate Bush I would never call him a murderer. Where he went wrong with the whole 9/11 thing was ignoring the warnings given to him one of which entitled 'Bin Laden Determined to Attack the US'.

Quote by Jesstaa
Yeah, from an overview it seems that way, but look into it deeper, like the pentagon, and the building neerby that was demolished without enough time for a demo crew to get in and plant the explosives.

If you are referring to WTC 7, then read that link I posted, the History Channel explained the collapse of WTC 7 as being the cause of the system of propane generators used in the case of power outages, they were placed throughout the building when it was built and the flaming debris from the twin towers caught the system of pipes on fire and after burning for some time the generators acted as 'dynamite' and caused the building to fall. And besides expert demolitions men have said it would be impossible to pull of a successful demolition in such a short period of time, since they would need to gut the building first.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by preludetowar
Such as?

Watch 'Loose Change'....

Think critically about the whole thing. Don't think about it based on what you've heard on the news...think about it like its the first time you've heard about 9/11. Some of the stuff just doesn't add up.
The steel didn't have to melt, jet fuel burns at high enough degrees to soften it to a collapsing point (scientifically proven)
Quote by in2thesun88
The governments story checks out. Proof: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html As much as I hate Bush I would never call him a murderer. Where he went wrong with the whole 9/11 thing was ignoring the warnings given to him one of which entitled 'Bin Laden Determined to Attack the US'.

That isn't proof, it's on the internet...
Anyway, those towers were built so strong, I fail to see how a plan could bring the entire thing to the ground. Also the bit about the pentagon doesn't make sense, surely there would be extreme damage to the surrounding areas if the same planes could bring down a huge tower, and there is images of filing cabinets with unsinged paper sitting on them...

I still stand with my OPINION, that the government is hiding something.

Edit: That article made me skeptical once again, stating that the blast proof windows can withstand more than the tower... I just don't get it.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by eyebanez333
Watch 'Loose Change'....

Think critically about the whole thing. Don't think about it based on what you've heard on the news...think about it like its the first time you've heard about 9/11. Some of the stuff just doesn't add up.

Seen it twice bud. Everything they said was refuted.

What "stuff" are you talking about? Give me an example?
Quote by Meths

Quote by eyebanez333
Watch 'Loose Change'....

+1

Also, way to be an assclown, TS.

The fact is, the official story has massive flaws in it. There is something we are not being told.

I suppose it doesn't matter really. People died, and discussing the reasons why will not change that.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Jesstaa
Anyway, those towers were built so strong, I fail to see how a plan could bring the entire thing to the ground. Also the bit about the pentagon doesn't make sense, surely there would be extreme damage to the surrounding areas if the same planes could bring down a huge tower, and there is images of filing cabinets with unsinged paper sitting on them...

I still don't get why they would do it.
So far they have only lost more and more money, lost power, lost human lives, lost credibilty with Europeans and now they have a bunch of hoodlums standing around in the mid-east waiting for nothing to happen.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
So far they have only lost more and more money, lost power, lost human lives, lost credibilty with Europeans and now they have a bunch of hoodlums standing around in the mid-east waiting for nothing to happen.

Yeah, but this was bush's idea, he probably didn't see those things, and he's too dumb to fix it.

Quote by in2thesun88

If you are referring to WTC 7, then read that link I posted, the History Channel explained the collapse of WTC 7 as being the cause of the system of propane generators used in the case of power outages, they were placed throughout the building when it was built and the flaming debris from the twin towers caught the system of pipes on fire and after burning for some time the generators acted as 'dynamite' and caused the building to fall. And besides expert demolitions men have said it would be impossible to pull of a successful demolition in such a short period of time, since they would need to gut the building first.

The building wasn't even that severely alight, so surely, unless Americas buildings have really bad safety requirements, such a small amount of fire wouldn't case complete destruction of a building.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by Jesstaa

Edit: That article made me skeptical once again, stating that the blast proof windows can withstand more than the tower... I just don't get it.

Well see harder... No tower has ever been hit by a boeing 747 carring about massive amounts of jet fuel flying into it at 500 miles per hour. Not only that but the towers burned for a good 2 or 3 hours, probablly more. Its one thing to be skeptical, its another to be a block head and ignoring what people are telling you.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Jesstaa
That isn't proof, it's on the internet..

Really? You are going to say Popular Mechanics, a publication that PRINTED the article in its magazine before posting it on their website, a publication with more expertise, expert analysis, and education than ALL of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists combiuned; isn't a credible source? Wow, I didn't site wikipedia, I sited Popular Mechanics, a credible institution that would be accepted in any scientific community, or for example in a college research paper, online sources are fine, and Popular Mechanics is a full-proof credible source.

And don't you think the government would have maybe LEAKED the plot at some point, I mean this is the same government that couldn't keep Watergate secret nor could they keep Bill Clinton's blow jobs a secret.

In a History Channel documentary they followed the 9/11 plot, are you aware that we have proof from as far back as the mid 80s that Osama had this idea of hitting America from the air?
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Jan 13, 2009,
I'd buy that they ignored warnings so they'd get attacked and have an excuse to go invade a country or two.
Quote by Jesstaa

Plane hits at the 90-something floor.

Jet fuel burns and weakens the beams.

The 110 story tower's top 20 floors crash down upon the lower stories.

Building collapses.

I don't see why people will not understand this. The metal beams don't have to completely melt in order for them to fail, they were terribly weakened by the plane hitting the tower, adding jet fuel to the mix doesn't help either.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']+1

Also, way to be an assclown, TS.

The fact is, the official story has massive flaws in it. There is something we are not being told.

I suppose it doesn't matter really. People died, and discussing the reasons why will not change that.

What doesn't add up? Planes gets hijacked, they hit the towers, jet fuel burning for hours, they collapse. Seems perfectly logical to me.
Last edited by jackfromcs at Jan 13, 2009,
Don't think of how the attacks on 9/11 were done, but rather, why.

Think of the events that have taken place since, and what administration has been allowed to get away with in these United States for 'freedom' and 'national security'.

And please don't refuse to take any theory into consideration besides what the government say happened because most 9/11 conspiracists regurgitate stale circumstantial evidence. Look for the facts yourself before using bias.
Quote by jetfuel495

Either way, TS, does it really matter what they think? Some people believe that aliens did it. If I were you I would have just kept walking.

There comes a point where somthing like this shouldnt be ignored. To see that they are coming to schools and recruiting people, like lots of people, is getting to the point where its anoying. We cant have a bunch of people going around saying that the US planned this horrible horrible attack when they didnt. What kind of message does that send to people?
Quote by Meths

Quote by preludetowar
Seen it twice bud. Everything they said was refuted.

What "stuff" are you talking about? Give me an example?

OK bud, if you've seen it, then you know what 'stuff' I'm talking about. I'm not going to paraphase the whole movie. I'm just saying that even though the ideas posed in the movie have been 'refuted' that you can't believe any of that sh*t. The Popular Mechanics link that was provided could clearly be biased. You don't know who the people are that were interviewed. I will only believe something that has tangible evidence. Since I wasn't there that day, nor did I see any of the evidence first hand, I cannot make an informed decision. Therefore, I will just point out the obvious: the stories and accounts of 9/11 don't add up. Thats all I said to begin with...I didn't say I believed one way or the other I just said you need to THINK CRITICALLY about the whole thing
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

+1
Quote by Meths