just wondering i found this guitar in a local music store where i live is it a good guitar? i have a Platinum Pro B.C Rich warlock w/ floyd rose trem. and i want a guitar with a hard tail for drop tunning... soo i'm just wondering if this would be a good guitar....
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-VX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519861

P.S i've been playing for 5 years and i play anything from gospal, country, heavy metal, sourthern rock.... just about anything....
You can drop tune on a floyd, it's really not hard, didn't take me any longer than it normally would to string up.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
You can drop tune on a floyd, it's really not hard, didn't take me any longer than it normally would to string up.

yeah i know this but i have practice on friday nights which i have to stay in standard tunning so i don't want to be tunning my strings up and down and be having to spend more money out on strings.... thats the reason i'm wanting a second guitar that way i can drop tune easier and have my other guitar to play in standard.
I'd avoid the low end deans if I were you,the QC is bad on nearly every low end dean I've played.Test play it though,it might be a gem in a pile of ****.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Search for an Ibanez imo ;-)
I must stop wasting time in The Pit and practice!
Let the Deans go. What's your budget?
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
ok thanks.. i'm trying to work up the funds to get the $299 they're wanting for it i think i got like $9 :p which i'll have to save and save till i get the money... thinking about listing some things on craigs list though

EDIT: i have no budget right now... it's $299 at the guitar shop.... i have a high end B.C Rich..well a pretty high end.. it plays really well... so i just need like a guitar to take to practice with me every friday night... nothing to expensive or anything....
Last edited by Platinum Pro at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by Platinum Pro
yeah i know this but i have practice on friday nights which i have to stay in standard tunning so i don't want to be tunning my strings up and down and be having to spend more money out on strings.... thats the reason i'm wanting a second guitar that way i can drop tune easier and have my other guitar to play in standard.

Makes sense... Don't eat me... Please
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
just go to a pawn shop(or craigslist) and look around for awhile and youl find a good deal. just be patient.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B