Page 1 of 35
This thread is all about Attack Attack. Please dont diss them. And keep the negative things to your self.
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
This thread is all about Attack Attack. Please dont diss them. And keep the negative things to your self.

So we aren't allowed to discuss our opinions of the band unless we like them?

Oops.
Quote by treflip
So we aren't allowed to discuss our opinions of the band unless we like them?

Oops.

I think this is directed towards people who come in here and bash the band umercilessly.

Go ahead, if you don't like the band, then by all means post your opinion. Just know we're going to completely ignore it
I wouldn't voluntarily listen to them, but I won't complain if you put them on. Some of the synth stuff gets to me a little.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Very good band, and aside from ditching their lead singer in Utah, they're really cool guys.

I talked to them over New Year's and the lead singer agreed to make an a capella version of Bro, Ashley's Here for my friend and I

I'm from Columbus and I've been listening to them since they were really small (if anyone wants their really old EP, message me), and I know a lot of people who are good friends with them and basically from what i've heard is that Austin was just basically in all a horrible person. Since they are a christian band, I heard they just couldn't have them ruining that for them.

When they were on their tour with Confide and Maylene most of their band went on Confide's van (minus Austin) because they just couldn't stand him. But he definitely got them to where they are now. He would go to every local show and just pass out (later started selling em) their EP's to get their name out.I also think it's pretty cool how their keyboardist is only a sophomore in high school.

But ya like I said, I have their stuff from later 06/early 07 so if anyone wants to hear it, just send me a message.
Last edited by lazers at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by lazers
I'm from Columbus and I've been listening to them since they were really small (if anyone wants their really old EP, message me), and I know a lot of people who are good friends with them and basically from what i've heard is that Austin was just basically in all a horrible person. Since they are a christian band, I heard they just couldn't have them ruining that for them.

When they were on their tour with Confide and Maylene most of their band went on Confide's van (minus Austin) because they just couldn't stand him. But he definitely got them to where they are now. He would go to every local show and just pass out (later started selling em) their EP's to get their name out.I also think it's pretty cool how their keyboardist is only a sophomore in high school.

But ya like I said, I have their stuff from later 06/early 07 so if anyone wants to hear it, just send me a message.

Yeah, I've also talked to the old lead singer over myspace and he seemed nice, but I guess I could see where they were coming from. They should have at least let him finish the tour before kicking him though.

I used to actually have that ep, but I actually lost it when my computer crashed like a year ago. I would LOVE to get my hands on it again
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Yeah, I've also talked to the old lead singer over myspace and he seemed nice, but I guess I could see where they were coming from. They should have at least let him finish the tour before kicking him though.

I used to actually have that ep, but I actually lost it when my computer crashed like a year ago. I would LOVE to get my hands on it again

Alright. Message for my AIM. I don't have Dr. Shavargo Part One though.
I love Attack Attack, my Manager at showed them to me, after 10 seconds i was convinced i was gonna buy the cd.
Common sense is becoming such and uncommon trait.
Quote by Redsox4ever5955

You're asking to get flamed. Begging.

Attack Attack must suck if you're afraid to hear people's honest opinions of them.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
this whole band needs to die. the thread that is closed on the first page was probably the most ignorant thing i've ever read hahaha.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
it speaks volumes that theyre about to tour with escape the fate and that wanker from aiden.

EDIT: and theyre contributing a track to punk goes pop 2. (as if one wasnt enough)
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by kryptonite22
it speaks volumes that theyre about to tour with escape the fate and that wanker from aiden.

EDIT: and theyre contributing a track to punk goes pop 2. (as if one wasnt enough)

They've had that track made since the beginning of the summer so it wasn't made specifically for pgp2

and who cares if they're touring with ETF? I bet you would too if your band had the opportunity.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
They've had that track made since the beginning of the summer so it wasn't made specifically for pgp2

and who cares if they're touring with ETF? I bet you would too if your band had the opportunity.

i say with 100% honesty that i would not.

also the whole 'pop cover' thing is never really that interesting anymore. most of the songs are just slightly louder with a little hint of aggression. AND none of those bands are punk bands.
Quote by kryptonite22
also the whole 'pop cover' thing is never really that interesting anymore. most of the songs are just slightly louder with a little hint of aggression. AND none of those bands are punk bands.

I love Attack Attack!, but I agree with you 100% there. its more like hardcore goes pop than punk goes pop.

but you gotta love that they'll be doing all of warped tour this year
love is love // return to dust
no actually its more like **** goes pop. none of those bands are hardcore.

i think its funny that this band literally came out of nowhere and is now on warped tour. bands don't just ****ing do that. this should at least make people see how stupid and trendy those kind of bands are.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I've actually seen this band

I saw them when I took my friend to see Maylene since she loves them. And this band opened. The music was lame, the kids into it were lame, and I don't ever wanna experience that again.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
i used to hate them, until i recently started listening to their album and cant stop. sure it's generic, the clean vox are autotuned, and kinda gay at times; but i still love it. i dunno, theyre really good.
Holy crap their cover of Katy Perry is even WORSE than the original hahahahahahahahahahaha.
I was laughing my ASS off.
It sounds EXACTLY like the original, then throws in a shitty out of place generic breakdown. GO FIGURE.

Quote by chris_122

I saw them when I took my friend to see Maylene since she loves them. And this band opened. The music was lame, the kids into it were lame, and I don't ever wanna experience that again.

love is love // return to dust
Quote by chris_122

OMG lyke teh kidz taht l1k3d dem @t teh show w3re Lam3 so d3y suck!!1!1!

haha well they were. It's those kids who think they know Hardcore but in reality is listening to these boring metalcore bands that have to put a breakdown in every single song that they play.
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Quote by chris_122
haha well they were. It's those kids who think they know Hardcore but in reality is listening to these boring metalcore bands that have to put a breakdown in every single song that they play.

Just because they liked a boring metalcore band doesn't mean they think they know hardcore.
actually, 99% of the time that comes hand in hand.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by pmeg568c
actually, 99% of the time that comes hand in hand.

true statistic
Quote by chris_122

People that say they listen to hardcore do know that they're listening to metalcore because hardcore has become the label that has defined this genre. It's not like anyone's trying to be ignorant.
...and bands have put solos in every song they write as well. If people enjoy that aspect of the music I see no reason why bands shouldn't do it.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
People that say they listen to hardcore do know that they're listening to metalcore because hardcore has become the label that has defined this genre. It's not like anyone's trying to be ignorant.
...and bands have put solos in every song they write as well. If people enjoy that aspect of the music I see no reason why bands shouldn't do it.

The reason breakdowns in every song are a problem to people here is because of what a breakdown's become. Breakdowns these days are one note, played in (usually) very basic patterns. They're simple, generic, overdone and VERY easy to write.
Solos, on the other hand, take at least SOME skill to write. If bands put ****ty solos in every song, they would get flamed here for that as well.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit

You're just not getting it.
Quote by HxC73107
Quote by chris_122
You're just not getting it.

They've made music a rather large sum of people enjoy. What's not to get?

At sax: maybe the comparison wasn't very good, but they are kind of one of those things that you either really like or you completely dislike.