Hi acoustic thread, I posted a couple of threads a while ago about getting a new acoustic and I'm having a little trouble deciding what I'm looking for. I was fairly set on getting a dreadnought, indeed I was set on which one I'd get if I were to buy one; I was looking at the Takamine T series. A couple of days ago I spent extensive time on a Fender dreadnought and after considering my options I'm worried that it's a bit too sharp sounding for me, if you know what I mean (think bluegrass tone) when ultimately I'd like a well rounded tone suitable for playing everything. Long story short: Would I be able to get a more rounded tone from a nice dreadnought (one I played was fairly inexpensive) and if not, can you suggest any other options? I've got up to around 1,500 euros to spend, want a 6 string, I'd be heavily biased towards Takamines and I want a nice all round tone for playing everything from 12 bar blues to Jack Johnson. Thanks in advance.

P.S. In addition, if I were to get a mahogany backed/sided dreadnought as opposed to a rosewood one would I find the tone I'm looking for?
I think your first step should be finding what kind of Fretboards you like playing on. I personally love the fretboards on epiphones.

As for tone, I've always found that Breedloves and Taylors have amazing tone. But my advice is to go down to your local guitar shop and play just about every acoustic guitar they have there. Because we can go on for hours talking about the tonality of each wood and the advantages to each body type, but YOU still have to be the one that likes the sound of the guitar.
Quote by ashkan101
I think your first step should be finding what kind of Fretboards you like playing on. I personally love the fretboards on epiphones.

As for tone, I've always found that Breedloves and Taylors have amazing tone. But my advice is to go down to your local guitar shop and play just about every acoustic guitar they have there. Because we can go on for hours talking about the tonality of each wood and the advantages to each body type, but YOU still have to be the one that likes the sound of the guitar.

Yeah I'm planning a trip to guitar shops around me the only problem is that they're far away and I'd first like to check if they have any guitars worth playing, a lot of the time they don't.