Hey everyone I was wondering what you guys think about Full Sail, the school in Orlando, FL. I am very strongly considering switching there. I want to get an associates in Recording Arts and then get my bachelors in Music Business. I want to get a job in a recording studio in Chicago, my ideal job being a record producer. Does anyone have any first hand experience, or know anyone who went there and how easy it was for them to get a decent job? Thanks for the help.

http://www.fullsail.edu/index.cfm?mnc=209&kw=ful%20sail&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ful%20sail&utm_content=Home&utm_campaign=Branded
i was gonna check it out alhtough i dont like hot weather.. hah.. but yeah- i was wondering htat too..
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Got two buddies that went there. One ended up as a sound guy for matchbox 20, the other works at a recording studio in Tampa. They said it was awsome.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
Hey everyone I was wondering what you guys think about Full Sail, the school in Orlando, FL. I am very strongly considering switching there. I want to get an associates in Recording Arts and then get my bachelors in Music Business. I want to get a job in a recording studio in Chicago, my ideal job being a record producer. Does anyone have any first hand experience, or know anyone who went there and how easy it was for them to get a decent job? Thanks for the help.

http://www.fullsail.edu/index.cfm?mnc=209&kw=ful%20sail&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ful%20sail&utm_content=Home&utm_campaign=Branded

I hear it is the best school for recording arts in the United States. I don't know a ton about it though, even though I actually know the co-founder of the school. There are definitely worse schools to go to for that line of work.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
okay sonatafanica, im sorry but that doesnt add anything to this discussion and is unnecessary. It would, in the end, be cheaper than the traditional four year college (I am currently in my first year at Bradley University). So about the school itself and what I asked, does anyone have any input.
Um the only input i have is don't come to chicago. Its the f u c k ing coldzzzorzz.
Gir vs. Wild :a man with foreskin is like a mule with a spinning wheel, nobody knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
okay sonatafanica, im sorry but that doesnt add anything to this discussion and is unnecessary. It would, in the end, be cheaper than the traditional four year college (I am currently in my first year at Bradley University). So about the school itself and what I asked, does anyone have any input.

Well, how much does it cost? Because I know the video program is hella expensive.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by Callicut
Um the only input i have is don't come to chicago. Its the f u c k ing coldzzzorzz.

I live in Chicago now, that's why I want to get a job here and why I would come back after school. And I know how rediculously cold.

It is quite expensive, I cant remember the exact #, but it is cheaper than the 40kish a year at Bradley, though, I have quite a bit of financial aid from scholarships at the moment. But my grandparents put some money away when i was born for college, so now I have a pretty good amount to pay for it all.
i was talkin to a teacher about full sail, she had an ex that went there and ended up working at soundworks i believe? in boston and worked w/ tons of big bands like aerosmith so yeah i hear its pretty good ha
Don't go to a traditional 4 year college.

I just withdrew from Purdue being a computer graphics major. They had the best program that a 4 year college could offer but it still sucks. I will never go back, and I am going to Flashpoint in Chicago this coming fall semester.

Flashpoint is comparable to Full Sail, but I never looked into the sound department so I couldn't say officially if its a place you should look into or not.

If you live in Chicago though, the best in state college for you might be Columbia.