well now im looking at 4 guitars. for my first question, whats the main difference in the esp ltd mh 400nt and the mh 1000nt other than the pickups?

and now for my most important question.
Should i get one of those esp ltds listed above, a fender jim root signature or a schecter blackjack atx?
ESPs are amazing, I would get them.

I dont like the Telecaster, its pretty boring looking.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
IIRC the only major differences between the two LTD models you listed are aesthetic.Same body wood,construction and so on,but the 1000 has full abalone binding (which looks horrible IMO) and passive duncans while the 400 has white binding and the EMG 81/85 set I think.They're made in the same factory and so on as well.

The Blackjack ATX is a sweet guitar.The one I played had really nice and organic tone for an active pup guitar.I found the fret access to be a little meh but I'm used to contoured heel bolt neck guitars so that's probably why.The board was fast and smooth and the aged black satin finish felt good on the hands.

I haven't had the chance to play the Jim siggy but from the reviews I've seen the general opinion is that it's good.I personally think it's a bit overpriced and the fact that it's a sig probably has something to do with it.

I can't tell you which one to get since I'm not you and don't have your preferences,but they're all pretty nice guitars,just try to test play them before you make our final decision.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

yeah im a big esp ltd fan too. im thinking about that mh 400. its cheaper, and prolly better than the jim root signature.
Telecaster all the way man!
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace - Jimi Hendrix

Fender '60s Reverse Headstock Strat
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
RP250 DigiTech Effects Pedal
DigiTech Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
ESP/LTD are amazing...
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
With what you've listen so far, I think all you're going to get is biased people spouting out their biases.

Explain what genres you play, what kind of amp you have, etc etc. So people can give you real advice on what will help your sound, instead of just "Yeah *Insert Guitar Here* Rocks! Get it!"
I would go for the schecter, your not going to find anything better for the price, ebony board, blackouts, grovers, tonepros, the things got it all, and it looks better IMO
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by Sharck
With what you've listen so far, I think all you're going to get is biased people spouting out their biases.

Explain what genres you play, what kind of amp you have, etc etc. So people can give you real advice on what will help your sound, instead of just "Yeah *Insert Guitar Here* Rocks! Get it!"

From the guitars he has listed it's obvious he plays metal and heavier genres,a quick look at his profile will show you that he uses a SS randall stack.My unbiased opinion would be in favor of the Schecter.It has some high end features like an ebony board and the duncan blackout actives and good tuners,and since you already have a guitar with EMG pickups it would be something new and some variety in your collection.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
From the guitars he has listed it's obvious he plays metal and heavier genres,a quick look at his profile will show you that he uses a SS randall stack.My unbiased opinion would be in favor of the Schecter.It has some high end features like an ebony board and the duncan blackout actives and good tuners,and since you already have a guitar with EMG pickups it would be something new and some variety in your collection.

exactly! we all have profiles! why ask what we have when you can visit our profiles. thank you prognut lol.