Hello

Recently I have purchased the Vox Wah V847 pedal to go alongside my Fender Strat and Marshall MG100HDFX Amp.

Before I bought the pedal I loved the clean tone I got, through just the guitar to the amp. Since I have added the Vox pedal to my set-up I cannot create that same tone. It sounds a lot more 'tinny' on chords and single notes and whatever amp settings I have, I still cannot create that original tone that can be heard without the pedal.

Firstly, do you know of any reason why inserting the pedal into my set-up will create such a change in the tone without messing with anything else, and secondly, is there anything I can do to overcome this problem??

The ideal type of tone i am after (while the pedal is connected)is the clean tone used by SRV, especially on Lenny.

Hope someone can help me out. cheers in advance
With a wah rocked all the way to the treble-side, on cleans it'll get tinny.

And the amp certainly doesn't help.
the problem is when the wah is on and connected.

it's fine when the wah is off.

thanks for the feedback, anything you can suggest?
Quote by lewy107

Do you know how to use it?
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Quote by lewy107

Turn it off then.

A wah left on in the toe down position will thin out your tone and makes things tinny. Just turn it off by clicking the switch.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Jan 14, 2009,
When it is turned on down will add more treble and up will add more bass. If you press it down hard until it clicks then it turns off.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.