In the price range? I'm really curious, is there any better Les Paul shaped guitar that is good for like Southern Rock stuff that isn't an Epiphone(So the price range would probably under $750)
Strats & Seagulls
for $750 you could prolly get a real les paul on ebay. look around
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
ltd
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Esps LTD range??
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Agile and Michael Kelly.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Josola
Esps LTD range??

I have one of those. I said one for Southern Rock, remember?
Strats & Seagulls
if you wanna play southern rock, get a real Les Paul!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Better? No. But you can get the same quality for cheaper if you go to other brands.

Epiphone, Vintage, Tokai, Agile, Rally, some of the ESP/LTD range (I know you said Southern Rock, I'm just throwing ESP in there as an example) are all mostly made in the same couple of factories. There's really no reason to believe one is any better than the other; Epiphone costs more but you're getting the 'real' shape. Other than that, they're all pretty much exactly the same. Just go with whichever one your nearest store stocks.

Though for the record, when you say 'southern rock' I think of an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II. Heavily chambered Les Paul for a nearly semi-hollow sound with a little more bite, and it can blend in acoustic tones to standard electric tones. It was pretty much made for Country-Rock and any similar genre.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Better? No.

For 750 bucks? I have to disagree:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARC500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512347
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512348

Both have better materials, better hardware, better pickups, better craftsmanship and therefor far higher quality and better sound. Granted the second one looks a little strange though.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jan 13, 2009,
id save up $50 more and get an Epi LP Custom. nice guitars...
08 Wine Red Gibson Les Paul Studio
Quote by TheQuailman
For 750 bucks? I have to disagree:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARC500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512347
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512348

Both have better materials, better hardware, better pickups, better craftsmanship and therefor far higher quality and better sound. Granted the second one looks a little strange though.
Heh, I can't stand Ibanez so go figure.

But my argument would be for that money you could buy a used Epiphone Elitist.

In fact why didn't I mention that before?

Buy a used Epi Elitist.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^^Fair enough. Those two are a lot different from the more popular Ibanez models though. Really not typical for the brand. Give them a chance, maybe they'll surprise you.

Back on topic: Going used is a good idea. Epiphone Elitists should be easily available for that money, as well as MIA Fenders with HSS configuration. As different as these guitars might be, they should both work well for southern rock.
one of the LTD ec's with Seymour Duncans instead of EMG's?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
There's a great make called Burny who do some great les paul guitars. I'm right in thinking that they are Korean but they come with some brilliant pick-ups including a Fenandes Sustainer in the neck position. They sound amazing and are about £350. Check them out.
Burny/Tokia/Edwards/Agile/Hagstrom all have LP style giutars.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Just go to a pawn shop or get on ebay. Even the most expensive epi lp will be under 500. If you wanna spend all 750 go for a gibson lp studio.
Quote by DILtron3000
Just go to a pawn shop or get on ebay. Even the most expensive epi lp will be under 500. If you wanna spend all 750 go for a gibson lp studio.

The only problem with the Gibson LP Studio is that the pick-ups are fairly weak compared to the standard. I know the standard should have stronger pick-ups because they are more expensive but there are better guitars for the same price. A highest end Epi will sound better IMO. If you can get a LP style with EMG's then you're well away.
Quote by Ben Wright
There's a great make called Burny who do some great les paul guitars. I'm right in thinking that they are Korean but they come with some brilliant pick-ups including a Fenandes Sustainer in the neck position. They sound amazing and are about £350. Check them out.

Burnys are Japanese. Though I've heard from friends that have them that the pups they use are a bit lacking so they might have to be switched out.
I was reading on agile forums that the quality has fallen of the guitars :s disappointing really..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Burnys are Japanese. Though I've heard from friends that have them that the pups they use are a bit lacking so they might have to be switched out.

My bad. I knew it was something like that.
Maybe the bridge pick-up but a fernandes sustainer in the neck is not the sort of pick-up you replace; they're ace. It's all personal preference at the end of the day.
Quote by Ben Wright
My bad. I knew it was something like that.
Maybe the bridge pick-up but a fernandes sustainer in the neck is not the sort of pick-up you replace; they're ace. It's all personal preference at the end of the day.

Of course you shouldn't replace the Sustainer. I'm just saying from what I've heard the other stock pick-ups are lacking in tone.
Buy a Burny or a Greco, alot better than Epiphone, almost on par with Gibson in fact. Shipping prices are usually pretty steep because most of the come from Japan, but they're great guitars.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by Wakisazhi
Of course you shouldn't replace the Sustainer. I'm just saying from what I've heard the other stock pick-ups are lacking in tone.

It's alright, I misunderstood.
schecter just came out with one...last night lol, in cherry burst with duncan pickups