Poll: Which Multi-FX Pedal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Multi-FX Pedal?
Boss ME-20
2 29%
Line 6 Pocket Pod Multi-FX Processor
1 14%
Digitech RP-90
0 0%
Other, specify
4 57%
Voters: 7.
Title says it all. I have a budget of $150, and I'm looking to get a multi-FX pedal. So far I'm considering the Boss ME-20, Line 6 Pocket Pod Multi FX Processor, and Digitech RP-90. If you can think of any other pedal that I should consider, please list it. Now I can't go anywhere to try these, because the nearest Guitar Center is 2 hours away, so I really need some input. Thanks!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Do you need or want amp modeling? Do you want an expression pedal with the box? At the price point you're looking at, the quality won't be really great for any of them, so the answers to those two questions should tell you what to buy:

No amp modeling: get the Boss
No expression pedal: get the POD
Both: get the Digitech
Zoom G1X
just go there for a complete day with 200$
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by mikewaz
Do you need or want amp modeling? Do you want an expression pedal with the box? At the price point you're looking at, the quality won't be really great for any of them, so the answers to those two questions should tell you what to buy:

No amp modeling: get the Boss
No expression pedal: get the POD
Both: get the Digitech

I don't need amp modeling, and I'm leaning towards the Boss because of the expression pedal, but a reason I'm really considering the POD is because of it's ability to record out and to play with an MP3 player. Can the Boss do this as well?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
personally I hate multi's - what effect(s) are you going for specifically?

If I had to go with a multi, Id go with the Zoom G2.1u though - but I go with individual pedals for my effects as they are a higher quality then multi effects

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by msuspartan
I don't need amp modeling, and I'm leaning towards the Boss because of the expression pedal, but a reason I'm really considering the POD is because of it's ability to record out and to play with an MP3 player. Can the Boss do this as well?

The ME-20 has a headphone output which I assume would allow you to do a direct recording at line level. As for the MP3 player input, I'm not sure, but it does have an auxiliary input that I would assume does that.
Quote by Tyler Durden
personally I hate multi's - what effect(s) are you going for specifically?

If I had to go with a multi, Id go with the Zoom G2.1u though - but I go with individual pedals for my effects as they are a higher quality then multi effects

Chorus, reverb, delay, wah, flanger, expression pedal, and a tuner of course. Maybe its just me, but the zoom looks kind cheap. Does it have a headphone jack?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
Chorus, reverb, delay, wah, flanger, expression pedal, and a tuner of course. Maybe its just me, but the zoom looks kind cheap. Does it have a headphone jack?
it would be better to go and buy a Wah and Flanger then delay/whatever.
reverb doesnt make a huge difference,so that would be last

mid send edit: wait,no distortion? then it would be ok,the distortion is usually where they suck
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
it would be better to go and buy a Wah and Flanger then delay/whatever.
reverb doesnt make a huge difference,so that would be last

mid send edit: wait,no distortion? then it would be ok,the distortion is usually where they suck

Yeah I'm happy with my Metal Muff distortion, so I'm basically going for effects, and they don't have to be super high quality, since I'm just bedroom playing
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb