Since the first note is a G, but its bent to an A if I am correct... I have never found a key for a song by myself. Am I doing this right or what key is it in if neither and how? Thanks UG!
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
A5, D, A, E
And let go of regret
The song is in A.

The progression would be I, IV, I, V which is a very basic chord progresstion. The G would be the flat 7. I don't know the song, but I would bet that the 'g' you speak of resolves to A.
the song is heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin sorry i forgot to specify band...
And let go of regret
All you need to do is look at the key signiture and unless you're a complete noob you can see what the key is.
Quote by Suduko Killer
All you need to do is look at the key signiture and unless you're a complete noob you can see what the key is.

Unless you're a complete noob who doesn't realize that he's not looking at sheet music, he's looking at tabs.
Quote by London_guitaris
definitely A!

yep
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Suduko Killer

No need to be a dickhead.
Quote by Suduko Killer

go away
and the keys in A, but if playing in g sounds goood, maybe just do it for the first few seconds of the verse and then move to an A, then do that.
I like to take more of a jazz approach on things