i want a bedroom tube amp is this good??

also how quiet is 1 watt tube? i have a peavey vypyr 15 which i am gonna use for metal and this killer ant for classic rock type sounding....80s hair metal and gnr...would i need an od pedal to get this or not

EDIT: also if i get this...could i get 2 pedals like say..boss mt-2 (i think its boss)..and something for gnr/80s hair metal..would this eliminate the need of my vypyr? or would the 2 pedals blend too much
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by eahilder

also how quiet is 1 watt tube? i have a peavey vypyr 15 which i am gonna use for metal and this killer ant for classic rock type sounding....80s hair metal and gnr...would i need an od pedal to get this or not

Blackheart +OD = hardrock

even if its still 1w its still loud as a trumpet.

why do you want an amp for classic rock the Peavey has models for that classic 30 twin reverb ETC.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Blackheart +OD = hardrock

why do you want an amp for classic rock the Peavey has models for that classic 30 twin reverb ETC.

i just cant get a good classic rock tone out of it. i can get like everything else but that...lol when i got it i wanted it for hard rock and metal and now i like playing 80s rock more

EDIT: ur name is funny

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

er i believe the consensus is that 5 watts is as loud as a trumpet. 1 watt probably wouldnt be that loud.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
yea, i think that would be a good bedroom amp, especially for what youre going to be using it for
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by eahilder

EDIT: also if i get this...could i get 2 pedals like say..boss mt-2 (i think its boss)..and something for gnr/80s hair metal..would this eliminate the need of my vypyr? or would the 2 pedals blend too much

I've never tried the Blackheart amps, but they're from the same people that made the V-Series amps AFAIK, and mine have never fallen apart. I actually have considered getting a KA to get relatively quiet power tube saturation.

As for the volume, I agree with the above poster that it is quiet in general, but it could still get very loud. Plugging it into a small speaker (8 or 10") would definitely allow you to play with saturation at bedroom levels, but there are demos online of the KA plugged into a half stack and coming close to breaking some windows.

If you really wanted to get pedals with this amp, drive effects would be just about useless, but an equalizer would probably be useful.
Should be around 1/3 of your Vyper, (when both at max volume), but that's just an estimation.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
er i believe the consensus is that 5 watts is as loud as a trumpet. 1 watt probably wouldnt be that loud.

That's what they say.

5watt-50% as loud as 50watt
1watt-31% as loud as 50watt
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez

indeed.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
my fender is 5w tube amp,and that at 7 is deathly
i think 1w would work fine for bedroom
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
also because i dont want to start another thread how often do you have to change tubes??

Quote by Prophet of Page
Every couple years maybe a bit more than that if you are playing it a lot. I think it's perfect for what you playing on it. I bet it's louder than people think too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Every couple years maybe a bit more than that if you are playing it a lot. I think it's perfect for what you playing on it. I bet it's louder than people think too.

all right excited to mow this summer thx for all your help guys

Quote by Prophet of Page