I am currently using a Engl thunder 50 head and Engl 4x12 cab, and its great but i want more channels and effects i.e. reverb, delay etc. So im not buying one till like march or something until i get the money, just going a bit of research. My budget is £850 possibly £900. I was looking at these two:

Marshall TSL-100:- http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-tsl-100/278

and the

Randall V-2:- http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73873

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks in advance
I haven't tried either amps, but i have tried the JVM, which is what i have, and thats total kickass....

either way you have to try them both out at a guitar shop WITH YOUR GUITAR preferably.

i don't likethe switchblade personally

Gibson LP studio,
Fender 2005 Aerodyne Strat,
Ibanez GAX 70
JVM 410C
yh i will defiantly try them both out, luckily there is a marshall and randall distributor near me.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade, all the way.

does look a well good amp head, and does have lots of effects so i defiantly take it into account.
When you're buying a more than just a practice/jamming quality amp I'd recommend staying away from one with internal effects. Reverb and tremolo are fine but Chorus, phaser, flanger, delays, pitch shifters etc aren't usually as nice as the discrete ones made by various companies. There more for people who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on an amp and on pedals too. Good quality pedals will work with any good quality amp so you can keep them forever and they're easier to control individually then presets/patches. I don't think any single manufacturer makes the best effects either and this allows you to choose the best of the best for each effect.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
When you're buying a more than just a practice/jamming quality amp I'd recommend staying away from one with internal effects. Reverb and tremolo are fine but Chorus, phaser, flanger, delays, pitch shifters etc aren't usually as nice as the discrete ones made by various companies. There more for people who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on an amp and on pedals too. Good quality pedals will work with any good quality amp so you can keep them forever and they're easier to control individually then presets/patches. I don't think any single manufacturer makes the best effects either and this allows you to choose the best of the best for each effect.

Yh i no what you mean, thats why i was looking in to amp heads that can use midi so i can also customize my channels. Plus i didn't want a head with loads of effects maybe just a bit of reverb and one than one channel, as my engl only has is bass, middle, treble, gain.
KenG is completely correct. the v2 ur looking at isn't bad they produce a good sound IMO
Keep On Keepen' On
Last edited by JessyB96 at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by JessyB96
KenG is completely correct

Indeed hence why I'm doing a bit of research now so when i come to buy my head i will make the right choice
yeh, going back to hughes and kettner, i would only recommend the duotone. I like that sound, but like i said, its about finding YOUR sound...

Gibson LP studio,
Ibanez GAX 70
JVM 410C
true... although i've only ever tried it with a marshall...

Gibson LP studio,
Ibanez GAX 70
JVM 410C