Hey guys,

I bought a Fender Squire Fat Strat a few months ago and been getting around to play it quite a lot. I can't really afford lessons with a teacher so I was considering buying a subscription from one of those sites like jamplay.com Can you guys recommend a good site such as the one I mentioned and let me know any experiences you've might've had with such method of learning.

Thanks in advance for your feedback
there are loads on the internet, UG has lots of great articles and videos e.g ZeGuitarists ultimate guide to guitar. check out guitartricks.com also look at youtube for specific videos. You have to be disciplined with yourself though. Kepp practicing and keep having fun
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
You know, i've never heard of doing this, but what you could do is post in the musician ads section and see if maybe someone would like to help you out. You could offer to pay if you wanted, but otherwise use it just for questions and such, and help. I haven't had any good experience with online sites. Jamplay is pretty much a tab site, which hmmm let's see, UG works well. Then it has video lessons, and a bunch are on youtube, so i would either just work through it by yourself, as i did, or just try using youtube and UG
I'm Luke.
thanks guys, I guess I'll just keep on coming to UG for tabs and using all the free lessons available on youtube and other sites (thanks for the link lefty01, great stuff there).
Quote by Datrooper
You know, i've never heard of doing this, but what you could do is post in the musician ads section and see if maybe someone would like to help you out. You could offer to pay if you wanted, but otherwise use it just for questions and such, and help. I haven't had any good experience with online sites. Jamplay is pretty much a tab site, which hmmm let's see, UG works well. Then it has video lessons, and a bunch are on youtube, so i would either just work through it by yourself, as i did, or just try using youtube and UG
We are far from a tab site. We have 350 hours of video lessons with 35 different teachers. Yeah we do have tabs on our site...but those are just secondary to the video lessons (to help you learn).
Teach Yourself
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Personally, I'd tell you to stay away from YouTube if you're an absolute beginner. Those guys can teach you some pretty damaging stuff if you don't know what you're doing. Start here at UG. Read up on techniques and how to do them. THEN, go on YouTube to see how they're done well. I'm sure there are some people here who would be glad to point you in the right direction for some videos on YouTube.

The whole thing is, I wouldn't suggest going on YouTube because some of the people on there really don't know what they're doing.

This guy, however, does know what he's doing. http://www.youtube.com/user/FreepowerUG
I would advise reading through some of the lessons on UG, thats what i did to start of with and then i eventually invested in a tuition DVD which was pretty good...just look around and see what you can find...also check out lick library, i heard that they have some decent tutorials on there
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
justinguitar.com he has alot of lessons and its all free
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I also just got back into guitar, and I have been looking for a good online lesson site. However, in the meantime I have just been teaching myself out of books and from the lessons here on UG. Some books I have used:

The Heavy Guitar Bible by Richard Daniels
Music Theory for Guitarists by Tom Kolb