hey guys. im looking to into investing
into a multi effects pedal

I need something that will hold up in a live performance, and with recording capablities possibly.

my budget? no limit. since i will probably save.

i have been looking at the
BOSS GT-10
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss-GT-10-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104848726-i1389286.gc

any other suggestions for a good multi effects pedal with possibly recording capabalities for my computer

im scared to try the line 6 stuff. i bought a line 6 floor pod plus, and it sucked so bad that i returned it.
The GT-10 wont disappoint, quite expensive however. You posted that budget wasnt a problem so just make sure and try it before you buy, like everything.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
yeah i was planning on buying it at the store.
There is a Samash
and a guitar center near me.

i just didnt know they let you try out stuff except guitars.
Quote by mex_rap
There is a Samash

I sure the **** hope they would let you try something out that you plan on buying.
I always recommend the Digitech GNX series. I returned a GT-8 cause it was not as good as my GNX, I know they are both modelers but the GT-8 sounded why too digital, even after a month of tweeking.

Don't get me wrong, the effects on the Boss were great except for the pitch shifter and the amp models. Digitech just blow it out of the water as far as modeling tone was concerned. I know that Guitar Center and Sam Ash carry both brands.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by mex_rap
There is a Samash

Yeah, they'll let you test drive anything, as long as they have it in stock.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
I always recommend the Digitech GNX series. I return a GT-8 cause it was not as good as my GNX, I know they are both modlers but the GT-8 sounded why too digital.

Don't get me wrong, the effects on the Boss were great except for the pitch shifter and the amp models. Digitech just blow it out of the water as far as modeling tone was concerned. I know that Guitar Center and Sam Ash carry both brands.

cool i just looked it up right now.

it looks like it has tons of nobs.
how easy was it to use when you first got it?
and how is the recording feature on it?
planning on making some good sounding youtube videos with 1

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-GNX4-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-102551231-i1124390.gc?mode=1
Quote by Bertallica
Yeah, they'll let you test drive anything, as long as they have it in stock.

really?
thats awesome. thanks. good to know
The biggest reason to get the GNX4 is for the 8 Track Recorder. It's a great unit but takes a lot of tweaking to sound good. I have both an X3 Live and a GNX4. Tonewise I give the nod to the X3, but the GNX4's recorder and drum machine is a win if you need it. Also you can play MP3 backing tracks right from the GNX4 (up to 2Gig). If you want to use it for backing tracks then you need t0 use a PA for your amp.
Quote by fly135
The biggest reason to get the GNX4 is for the 8 Track Recorder. It's a great unit but takes a lot of tweaking to sound good. I have both an X3 Live and a GNX4. Tonewise I give the nod to the X3, but the GNX4's recorder and drum machine is a win if you need it. Also you can play MP3 backing tracks right from the GNX4 (up to 2Gig). If you want to use it for backing tracks then you need t0 use a PA for your amp.

hmm sounds good.

ill looks into the GNX4

how does the gnx4s recorder work?
and can you connect the gnx to your comuter so u can directly record what you play?

so far my options are.

Digitech Gnx4
Boss GT-10

more oppinions appreciated!
The GNX4 recorder uses Compact Flash to record up to 8 tracks. It has a keypad that allows level mixing. The recorder uses the foot switches to control record/erase/playback. However, it's better to add a FS300 or GNXFC external switch so that you can use the onboard switches for stompbox mode. The GNX4 has a USB connection to the computer so that you can direct record to the computer. Or you can record to the onboard memory and do a file xfer as the memory maps to the computer as a drive. So you can record with or without a computer.
If budget isn't a factor, can I suggest looking into some rackmount fx systems?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-GSP1101-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-104619663-i1173072.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktron-Xpression-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-180796-i1125093.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-VG-99-V-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-System-104280409-i1275701.gc (if you want the absolute best and are willing to save for as long as it takes).

Of course, you'll need an amp with an fx loop to run these.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by fly135
The GNX4 recorder uses Compact Flash to record up to 8 tracks. It has a keypad that allows level mixing. The recorder uses the foot switches to control record/erase/playback. However, it's better to add a FS300 or GNXFC external switch so that you can use the onboard switches for stompbox mode. The GNX4 has a USB connection to the computer so that you can direct record to the computer. Or you can record to the onboard memory and do a file xfer as the memory maps to the computer as a drive. So you can record with or without a computer.

sounds great.!

the part about using an external switch. how hard is that to configure with your effect board, or is just plug and play
Quote by shadow__666
If budget isn't a factor, can I suggest looking into some rackmount fx systems?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-GSP1101-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-104619663-i1173072.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktron-Xpression-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-180796-i1125093.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-VG-99-V-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-System-104280409-i1275701.gc (if you want the absolute best and are willing to save for as long as it takes).

Of course, you'll need an amp with an fx loop to run these.

nice thnx for the suggestions.
they look nice.

just forgot to mention. i need foot switches for live playing. lol :|
Quote by fly135
The biggest reason to get the GNX4 is for the 8 Track Recorder. It's a great unit but takes a lot of tweaking to sound good.

I've found that the easiest way is to run through the amp models first and find the closest head that will give me the tone I'm looking for. Then run through the different cab models to tweek the sound.

Lastly, I do any adjustments to the gain, eq, compression, reverb or delay to really dial in anything else that might be missing.

Don't be afraid to boost the mids or turn the gain to less than half.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by mex_rap
sounds great.!

the part about using an external switch. how hard is that to configure with your effect board, or is just plug and play
Plug n Play.
Quote by Bertallica
Then run through the different cab models to tweek the sound.
The cab model tweaking is a big factor to your tone on the GNX. More so than any other brand multifx.
Quote by fly135
The cab model tweaking is a big factor to your tone on the GNX. More so than any other brand multifx.

when you say cab model tweaking, is this a feature on the gnx.

im a newb to this stuff sorry.
Quote by mex_rap
when you say cab model tweaking, is this a feature on the gnx.

im a newb to this stuff sorry.
Yes, it's a GNX feature. It's best to use the X-Edit software (thru the USB) to do your tweaking because of the backup feature and more powerful user interface.