Page 1 of 2
Well, I'm currently in a stupid slump.

Everytime I look at myself I feel disgusted, I hate my face, due to the amount of scarring on it, I hate my hair, because it looks horrible to me no matter what I do to it, I hate the way my body is, because it's just disgusting to me.

SO, I'm in a pretty crappy mood, but I really dont like being there. Any tips or advice to get me out of this, and hopefully soon? Not trying to sound whiny or anything, just asking for a bit of help, if you guys and girls would be kind of enough to do that for me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

counselor
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
listen to some awesome inspirational music.

and just forget about it.. life could be worse.. at least you've got UG as your sanctuary!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

On the excercise matter, I do, quite a bit, but I still havent gotten to where I want to get, and it's maddeningly irritating.

To the haircut, I've had short hair for YEARS, and am pretty tired of it. I need to try something new =/

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

You probably feel ugly cause you know deep down you're an asshole.

Do some volunteer work.

Make over the inside, the rest will follow.

(By the way I'm totally not calling you an asshole or anything, I'm just guessing cause that's usually what happens to me)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I have the same feeling

Not the same problem, but I definitely know how you feel. I'm starting to do ****ty in school, even though I'm trying pretty damn hard, and every day just feels like a long drawn out torture... I get no happiness out of anything.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Buy new clothes, get a new haircut, listen to whatever music that pumps you up. A new look increases confidence and self image.
We've been through this. You're cute. Quit it.

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I have a scar vertically on my left eye about 7 inches long that I received when a saw blade flew off a machine and gashed me when I was younger. I was ridiculed all through elementary school and into middle school, but after that it began to become popular, due to the fact that it looked like some war scar.

Just remember that physical defects will always turn into some advantage in the future. Know that you are loved. Know that it matters not that you disapprove of yourself, only that others approve of you.

Don't hate yourself for who you are.

Don't worry about the future, too.

Let it take care of itself.

Besides:

Everything is going to be all right.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by valennic
On the excercise matter, I do, quite a bit, but I still havent gotten to where I want to get, and it's maddeningly irritating.

To the haircut, I've had short hair for YEARS, and am pretty tired of it. I need to try something new =/

Grow it out a little then. I just took a gander at your pics. I say you look pretty good man
count your blessings

seriously - get a notebook and everyday write down at least one positive thing about yourself and your life. Sometimes it can be hard to think of anything, but force yourself to think of at least one thing everyday. After a few weeks you'll see a marked improvement in the way you feel about yourself.
Quote by HohnJ723
get your haircut and excercise?

exactry what i thought instantly.

Exercising and doing things makes you feel a lot better.
Just do something different, this happened to me a couple of months ago, so I dyed my hair blue.
go check your picture comments
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Self hating is my forte.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by vintage x metal
go check your picture comments

What would I do without you around to help me up when I'm down?

Quote by metaldud536
I'd like to have your body if you don't want it. But I keep my penis.

May I inquire as to why you would like my body? O_o

Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I have a scar vertically on my left eye about 7 inches long that I received when a saw blade flew off a machine and gashed me when I was younger. I was ridiculed all through elementary school and into middle school, but after that it began to become popular, due to the fact that it looked like some war scar.

Just remember that physical defects will always turn into some advantage in the future. Know that you are loved. Know that it matters not that you disapprove of yourself, only that others approve of you.

Besides:

Wow man.

My scars are due to cystic acne, all over my face, but I could understand the torment that must've been.

Thanks a bunch, you all are really helping me out.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

know what makes anybody feel better. get a bow and arrow, a 5 gallon can of gas, perferbaly filled with gas, put a pice of cloth on the end of the arrow, light it on fire, and shoot the can of gas, stand about 100 feet away if you want to keep your eyebrows. makes any body feel better, and it gets you outside.
Quote by metaldud536
Well I can tell you're stronger than me. It'd be a nice upgrade.

I'm planning on getting much stronger, but it's taking so damn long

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Save several hundred pound/dollars in cash. Ask your best female friend to take you out for a total clothing and hair make over.
Then she'll be so happy with how god damned sexy you look she'll be rubbing her self on your leg. You get to have new clothes without looking for them yourself and you get a girl. Sorted.
There's always a point in somebody's life when they believe they hate themselves because of the way they look or for bad things that have happened to themselves that they'd just like to die. You're not that desperate so don't think of it as a lost cause. Everyone goes through this but some people can just handle it better.

With regards to getting out of the slump, you just have to be more optimistic in life. I know it sounds terribly cliche but it's the truth. I believe that a lot of people find it difficult to accept because it's sounds easy when they're really expecting a mountain to climb (for example, you've got to change your hairsyle, go on a diet, stop whining, go out etc...). They're all lying - feeling optimistic is the hardest thing anyone can do, especially recovering from a slump. There's nothing more difficult to achieve than standing back up when you get pushed around.
To be optimistic, you've just got to prioritize things that actually matter and count, rather than spending ages thinking of how bad the situation is such as your look as you've described. In a word - stop talking and get the job done. Personally, I couldn't give a damn about looks because it's hardly something worth dwelling about unless it's really affecting your lifestyle that you can't physically go out and do stuff. So you have a crap hairstyle or you have facial scarring - who in the world cares as long as you're a great person to be around with? The fact is - people like optimistic people and if you look pretty that's not going to solve your problem if you're a complete jackass of a person.

Meanwhile, concentrate on doing things that will get you something in life such as your education, play some sports if you don't want to go on a diet or take up running (I've taken this up recently and it's worked wonders for my former pessimistic ways of thinking). What you shouldn't do is whine about your situation because you have the resources to prevent whatever you're feeling from happening. You've got no excuses.

One thing that I've also noticed [that may not be relevant per se] is that since I've stopped playing guitar and listening to more pop-related music, I've been much happier. For me, listening to guitar-type music (whether rock, metal shred, blues etc etc) was uninspiring on my personality because I found the lyrics didn't mean anything to me. They didn't influence me on my outlook on life but merely made me want to be angry.

See my thread here on optimism: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1036200&highlight=I%27m+Optimistic+Again

I wrote this expressing my thoughts on overcoming my pessimistic thoughts. I promised myself never to give up on my dreams.

1. Never, Never Give Up on whatever you're trying to achieve
2. Don't let anyone get you down because no one is entitled to do that
3. Be the best person you possibly can, even to enemies. In the latter respect, that means pitying them for their bad upbringing and wishing that they'd fine peace. They don't mean to hurt.
4. It's difficult to do depending on what your status is (whether semi-chronic or mild) but take priority in yourself before others, if you can.
5. You can and you will but you never can't.

Also - depending on who you are, you may find it appropriate to make wishes in substitution of gifts for Christmas or birthdays. I never ask for things but I always wish for things intangible because that gives me better happiness. I wish for things everyday.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by Harmonius
There's always a point in somebody's life when they believe they hate themselves because of the way they look or for bad things that have happened to themselves that they'd just like to die. You're not that desperate so don't think of it as a lost cause. Everyone goes through this but some people can just handle it better.

With regards to getting out of the slump, you just have to be more optimistic in life. I know it sounds terribly cliche but it's the truth. I believe that a lot of people find it difficult to accept because it's sounds easy when they're really expecting a mountain to climb (for example, you've got to change your hairsyle, go on a diet, stop whining, go out etc...). They're all lying - feeling optimistic is the hardest thing anyone can do, especially recovering from a slump. There's nothing more difficult to achieve than standing back up when you get pushed around.
To be optimistic, you've just got to prioritize things that actually matter and count, rather than spending ages thinking of how bad the situation is such as your look as you've described. In a word - stop talking and get the job done. Personally, I couldn't give a damn about looks because it's hardly something worth dwelling about unless it's really affecting your lifestyle that you can't physically go out and do stuff. So you have a crap hairstyle or you have facial scarring - who in the world cares as long as you're a great person to be around with? The fact is - people like optimistic people and if you look pretty that's not going to solve your problem if you're a complete jackass of a person.

Meanwhile, concentrate on doing things that will get you something in life such as your education, play some sports if you don't want to go on a diet or take up running (I've taken this up recently and it's worked wonders for my former pessimistic ways of thinking). What you shouldn't do is whine about your situation because you have the resources to prevent whatever you're feeling from happening. You've got no excuses.

Wow.

Thank you. So, freaking, much.

No sarcasm meant if it was picked up there, but I really do mean thanks.

Running? That really helps?

Quote by i am iron man
Save several hundred pound/dollars in cash. Ask your best female friend to take you out for a total clothing and hair make over.
Then she'll be so happy with how god damned sexy you look she'll be rubbing her self on your leg. You get to have new clothes without looking for them yourself and you get a girl. Sorted.

Hm...I may just do this as well...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Edited, sorry.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by valennic
Wow.

Thank you. So, freaking, much.

No sarcasm meant if it was picked up there, but I really do mean thanks.

Running? That really helps?

Hm...I may just do this as well...

每个人都有失恋的时候,而每一次我失恋呢,我就会去跑步,因为跑步可以将你身体里面的水分蒸发掉,而让我不那么容易流泪。

Loosly translated, it reads:

We're all unlucky in love sometimes. When I am, I go jogging. The body loses water when you jog so you have none left for tears
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Delve into music - channel that feeling into something you will be proud of. Write something, or learn something challenging to yourself.
get a gf and youll relize it doesn't matter what you look like. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Quote by valennic

What would I do without you around to help me up when I'm down?

May I inquire as to why you would like my body? O_o

Wow man.

My scars are due to cystic acne, all over my face, but I could understand the torment that must've been.

Thanks a bunch, you all are really helping me out.

Here's my scar crappily shopped onto your face, with the vein line through the eyes.

I'm not sure why. Makes you look like a war hero, or something similar, I guess.

(My face was really red that day, and as such doesn't really match your skin tone).

Is the person taking the picture holding a travel guitar? It looks refracted, but it still looks like a guitar neck.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
-HUG- Think of the good things in your life.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Here's my scar crappily shopped onto your face, with the vein line through the eyes.

I'm not sure why. Makes you look like a war hero, or something similar, I guess.

(My face was really red that day, and as such doesn't really match your skin tone).

Is the person taking the picture holding a travel guitar? It looks refracted, but it still looks like a guitar neck.

That's one helluva scar man!

It does look odd on me, almost cool Wierd.

No, that's her laptop , It does look kinda like a guitar now that I look at it.

Quote by JordanRRR
get a gf if you don't have one

Ah, there's the other issue.

Never had one.

Quote by Harmonius
每个人都有失恋的时候,而每一次我失恋呢,我就会去跑步,因为跑步可以将你身体里面的水分蒸发掉,而让我不那么容易流泪。

Loosly translated, it reads:

Wow, then I'm definitely gonna start running more. Thanks

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic

That's one helluva scar man!

It does look odd on me, almost cool Wierd.

No, that's her laptop , It does look kinda like a guitar now that I look at it.

I'm not sure why I didn't recognize that....

I need my eyes checked.
Quote by valennic
Well, I'm currently in a stupid slump.

Everytime I look at myself I feel disgusted, I hate my face, due to the amount of scarring on it, I hate my hair, because it looks horrible to me no matter what I do to it, I hate the way my body is, because it's just disgusting to me.

SO, I'm in a pretty crappy mood, but I really dont like being there. Any tips or advice to get me out of this, and hopefully soon? Not trying to sound whiny or anything, just asking for a bit of help, if you guys and girls would be kind of enough to do that for me.

Well I checked to see how bad ur case was on ur profile pics. Theres nothing wrong with you haha. I have a friend who looks alot like you actually and hes a pimp. To make you feel better I would recommend going to my profile and feeling awesome that you dont have this ugly mug lulz. We all go through those periods of feeling like that man. I say go to a local concert or something and hook up with a chick if you dont already have a gf.
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I'm not sure why I didn't recognize that....

I need my eyes checked.

Easy enough of a mistake to make man.

I'm gonna save that pic up there btw, if thats cool?

Quote by RocksAwakening5
-HUG- Think of the good things in your life.

*hugs*

Thank you

You look like a girl I know....except she kinda hates me, you dont live in Southern California by any chance, do you?

EDIT:

Quote by dxpaintball8000
Well I checked to see how bad ur case was on ur profile pics. Theres nothing wrong with you haha. I have a friend who looks alot like you actually and hes a pimp. To make you feel better I would recommend going to my profile and feeling awesome that you dont have this ugly mug lulz. We all go through those periods of feeling like that man. I say go to a local concert or something and hook up with a chick if you dont already have a gf.

There's a very specific reason I never take pics up close...I could, but frankly it's embarrassing to me.

On the gf issue, I'm trying, I'm just not quite so good with...girls, outside of my friends that is.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by yurfinlfntsy

Besides:

that sound unbelievably badass. you should shave your head and become a super villain
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Page 1 of 2