Hey guys. I have an essay tomorrow on this and we have to give as many examples as we can and embellish on them. We have to say how holden is acting as the catcher in the rye (you know, trying to prevent kids from growing up to fast and all) and obviously give examples, I have some ideas in mind, but can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance.
EDIT

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
wiping the profanities (fuck i think it was) off the school steps is all i can remember
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
At the Phoebes school, I believe Holden rubs off(or tries to) the "Fuck You" written on the wall.

The moments where he tries to 'preserve innocence' are really obvious, reread some chapters and you shouldn't have any difficulty.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Read it, it doesn't happen often but it happens very obviously.

I hate that book, and so does Salinger.
Quote by webbtje
Read it, it doesn't happen often but it happens very obviously.

I hate that book, and so does Salinger.

Did he not want it to be made into a film
I enjoyed the book myself but did think it was a bit over-rated
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
He takes his sister on the carousel. He doesnt let her leave with him. He doesn't have sex with the prostitute after seeing her age and instead pays her to talk to him (which she doesnt).
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

In the book Catcher in the Rye, Scout Finch lives with her brother, Jem, and their widowed father, Atticus, in the sleepy Alabama town of Maycomb. Maycomb is suffering through the Great Depression, but Atticus is a prominent lawyer and the Finch family is reasonably well off in comparison to the rest of society. One summer, Jem and Scout befriend a boy named Dill, who has come to live in their neighborhood for the summer, and the trio acts out stories together. Eventually, Dill becomes fascinated with the spooky house on their street called the Radley Place. The house is owned by Mr. Nathan Radley, whose brother, Arthur (nicknamed Boo), has lived there for years without venturing outside.

... taken from another thread
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by alex-led-zepp91
Did he not want it to be made into a film
I enjoyed the book myself but did think it was a bit over-rated

Nope, never let anyone have the rights to it.
Quote by Karvid
In the book Catcher in the Rye, Scout Finch lives with her brother, Jem, and their widowed father, Atticus, in the sleepy Alabama town of Maycomb. Maycomb is suffering through the Great Depression, but Atticus is a prominent lawyer and the Finch family is reasonably well off in comparison to the rest of society. One summer, Jem and Scout befriend a boy named Dill, who has come to live in their neighborhood for the summer, and the trio acts out stories together. Eventually, Dill becomes fascinated with the spooky house on their street called the Radley Place. The house is owned by Mr. Nathan Radley, whose brother, Arthur (nicknamed Boo), has lived there for years without venturing outside.

That's depressing.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Karvid

haha
Quote by webbtje
Nope, never let anyone have the rights to it.

Thank God, there are enough pretentious twats making films and writing books where the main character is a more irritating and shallow version of Holden as it is without exacerbating the problem.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Karvid

... Wut? I hope that's a joke..