EDIT: Guys, quit hovering your mouse and come in the thread! And is the Windsor really down to 399 for a halfstack?

Okay fellas, here's the deal. This summer, I'm going to be working (what else? lol) and I have a problem.

I'm stuck on GAS. I've been GASing for a halfstack, and a hollowbody.

SO...... Seeing as I have a good amp, and am dropping an Alnico II in my Strat soon, what would be the best move?

Epi Dot or Peavey Windsor? I don't really care about the cleans, I'll probably A/B the Peavey and the Palo if I get it.

EDIT: Max budget around 600, depending on birthday money I get in a month and a half... (starting a new amp fund)
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jan 13, 2009,
I'd go with the amp. But thats just me
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
I think I am. If anyone else has suggestions, I'm looking for a Marshally sounding head (I'll be buying an Avatar too later) that breaks up at relatively low volumes.
--

--
The Peavey Windsor is okay for distortion, for the prics its good, but there are better's, the cleans though don't shine through, there almost sterile.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
The Peavey Windsor is okay for distortion, for the prics its good, but there are better's, the cleans though don't shine through, there almost sterile.

Yeah, I've played the Windsor before, and I love the whole "sounds like a Plexi" deal it has going on. I'm not too much on the cleans, but that's why, if I do get it, I'm going to A/B it with the Palo.

Any other suggestions I could look at? My parents aren't really big on going used, but I'm sure I can convince them if I have to. My dad's pretty guitar knowledgeable, so he'll understand.
--

--
Fellas? Any other suggestions?
--

--
American dollar wise, max around 600.

I'll edit the first post.
--

--
Hell I've been checking into halfstacks my self. I got a bit more budget so I'm looking at some Kranks but I also checked out the Windsor. I've got a Randall RH100 and I'm looking for tubes now. The windsor seems cool for the price and 1 channel doesn't bother me since I rarely play clean. If you got the chance to test it out that would be your best.

If you like the way it sounds, get it. Don't let anyone tell ya different!
I know mate, but I trust the guys on here. They're known for finding amazing things at really low prices
--

--
Yeah, I've gotten some good suggestions from some users on here. But I'm tired of all the Mesa/Boogie suggestions. I'm not trying to spend that much on an amp lol. Even used. The Randall I have was used and I want one thats new. I'm in Iraq so I can't test any out. But when I get back I'm definitley trying out that Windsor and a Bugera 333XL.

A buddy of mine went back home and bought it and loves it. He's been playing for over 10 years and I take his word for it.
Yeah, I've played the Windsor before. I love it....

Therefore, I think I'm going to buy it!

Thanks mate. I'm going to go back and test it again eventually

EDIT: The Windsors are down to 399.99 for a halfstack????????????????

--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jan 13, 2009,