yes get this, you will not be disappointed. Sometimes if I'm playing a gig somewhere, where I would really not rather lug my amp around, I just take my sansamp and go straight into the sound board and play through the house PA system. My guitarist has a soundboard and a pa system in his house so it also helps immensely with rehearsal. You can also get a really nice distorted tone from it as well.
Saw this on craigslist for $95 a month or two ago, didn't have the money
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Also consider the MXR M-80. It is also a wonderful DI (has the colour button which is godlike) and also doubles as a distortion.
yes.
great sound, great uses.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm not a fan of the distortion in anything but moderation, but they do sound very good and have great features, and allow for some very cool pedalboard configurations.
Nope, no sig here.
Every penny I spent on mine was well worth it, I love this little machine. I highly suggest you goto your nearest store and try it out. It is alittle costly but well worth it, it does wonders for your tone.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
i bought it on a whim to replace my digitech BP50,

not that i'm comparing the two products.. but MAN. the bass driver DESTROYS.

i haven't noticed much mid cut. the EQ'ing on the box boosts the lows and highs, so it might just seem that it drowns out the mids as opposed to cutting them out altogether.

i haven't recorded with this box yet, but the tone i get thru my mixer is pretty much godly. I'm very excited to lay down some tracks with the sansamp!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Jan 14, 2009,
It doesn't really cut any mid out, if anything alittle tiny bit. I still boost some mids though. I have a Boss GEB-7 EQ pedal in my line that I use just to boost the mids a tiny bit, but I also just like alot of mids in my sound haha.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
It arguably cuts mid. It's got a fixed mid frequency at the same level as the Bass and Treble controls. If you want a mid boost, roll down the bass and treble appropriately. If you want mid cut, boost the suckers.

Great tool. Excellent sound for DI (absoloutely excellent) and can make a cheap amplifier sound a world of difference better, but your amp'll still colour the sound (presuming you're going bass>sansamp>amp.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
You could always bypass your amps EQ aswell, thats what I do.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
I got the programable a few weeks ago and i love it. Its the same as the regular sansamp but with 3 slots to save tones so you can have a few different settings at once when playing instead of the usual one. Probably the best investment pedal wise i have made so far, its only like 10 dolalrs more then the regular one, get it
I think it'd be good to point out that even though it's controlled by a digital circuit, the programmable version is not digital. The signal path of it is fully analog.
Nope, no sig here.
I love mine, however a distortion pedal this is not. Excellent overdrive pedal, and fantastic for recording. Buy one now.