So 2 months ago during a rehearsal, the sound on my hot rod deluxe was reduced to nothing. Like, there was some volume, but bearly any, and from what people told me was it could be the tubes. So I just spent $80 on new tubes, since the amp is 2 years old, and it had all the stock tubes it in, so i'd figure i'd replace all of them. I put all the tubes in abd it turns out there is still bearly any volume. What is wrong with my amp?
are the tubes burning incredibly blue?
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Hard to say as it could be a lot of things! Do all your tube filaments lite when the amp is on?
Moving on.....
When the tubes are dying, don't ever try to use it before bringing it to a qualified tech, because you might just have blown something in there, the output tubes are absorbing the electricity, if they aren't doing their job the whole circuit will overload, and from what you say it might just be the case. Bring it to a tech before you destroy it.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
the other guitarist in one of my old bands had the same problem with his deville while we were on tour. It ended up that some of the wires in the speaker cable were not ending at the speaker and thus caused a huge mismatch.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Right after I posted this, I took all 3 12AX7 preamp tubes out, and just put them back in the same spot they were in before when they weren't working, and now my amp works. I've played on it cranked for a half hour and it's fine now. Is there still a chance something worse will happen in the future for my amp?
Quote by messiah01
Is there still a chance something worse will happen in the future for my amp?

There always is, with any amp. Glad to hear it is working tho, congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by messiah01
Right after I posted this, I took all 3 12AX7 preamp tubes out, and just put them back in the same spot they were in before when they weren't working, and now my amp works. I've played on it cranked for a half hour and it's fine now. Is there still a chance something worse will happen in the future for my amp?

You may have an intermittent fault. Generally these are bad soldering related and may come and go from time to time. IF it happens again, at least you know ehre to point to when you take it in for repairs.
Moving on.....