Ok, so I am getting ready to purchase an Ibanez RGT42DX.

I have been looking at the Line 6 Spider 3 75W, but I have heared mixed reviews about that, and Im not really sure what other kind of amp would go with this guitar if you know what I mean. I have also heard that most pedals are not very good with those amps, so if you end up suggesting an amp, and you would like to suggest a distortion/multi effects pedal, please do so.

Please feel free to express your ideas.

This amp is for mostly home use, but may go further.
Do you have a budget in mind?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Do you have a budget in mind?

Yes, I am trying to keep it below $300 USD.

Edit: I would be playing pretty much everything from clean to very little insane, such as Disturbed, but not really Slipknot, if you know what I mean. Like I like Fleetwood Mac and Creedence Clear Water Revival all the way up to Metallica and everything inbetween haha.
Last edited by Knoknonhvnsdoor at Jan 13, 2009,
I would stay away from the spider III's unless you are not too serious about guitar because they are really not that good. I had the 75 watt combo for over a year and it was baaaad. It completely sucks away your guitar's tone and makes every guitar sound like the same thing. You also don't have a lot of options if you are trying to get an amp for under 300 dolalrs though. You could try to go for a used valveking combo though. I have the 100 watt half-stack and it's pretty good. Once a got the MXR Kerry King EQ I can make it do pretty much any sound I want. I see a 50 watt combo on ebay right now for about 275. Btw 50 watts tube is a lot more power than you will get than 75 watts solid state.
I have the exact amp you mentioned (Line 6 Spider 3 75W) and have regretted buying it ever since the day i got it, atm i just have it on clean and everything set to 0 as i just use the preamps and whatever from my boss gt-8.

Look into the Roland Cube 60 as an amp it should be able to do all those musical needs you mentioned.

EDIT: link http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp-480197-i1145267.gc

Bit over your budget, but i think it'd be worth the hassle.
Last edited by Axe Samurai at Jan 13, 2009,
what kind of music do you play?

Edit: sorry i need to L2read

Look into this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-112-60-Watt-1x12--Tube-Combo-Amp-103733606-i1170731.gc
people on here love this for metal I guess.

I'm not an expert as it is not my genre.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jan 13, 2009,
Great choice in guitar! I own an RGT42, it's superb and there's nothing I'd change it for this side of £1000, though I admit I've made a few modifications to mine.

As for an amp, you are very limited by budget and as you're playing in the home I'd go for a solid state modeller. The most bang for your buck would be the Roland Cube 60, which should be on your budget based on UK prices. Alternatively, the Peavey Vypyr is superb and offers the most variety and edit options of any of the modellers. Unfortunately, on your budget the 75w may be out of your reach (£249 here in the UK) but you could get the 30w version. That is still potentially a very loud amp and more than enough for home use. You could also look at (possibly a little later) getting the Sanpera II pedal to go with it which would open up further options.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Doadman
Great choice in guitar! I own an RGT42, it's superb and there's nothing I'd change it for this side of £1000, though I admit I've made a few modifications to mine.

As for an amp, you are very limited by budget and as you're playing in the home I'd go for a solid state modeller. The most bang for your buck would be the Roland Cube 60, which should be on your budget based on UK prices. Alternatively, the Peavey Vypyr is superb and offers the most variety and edit options of any of the modellers. Unfortunately, on your budget the 75w may be out of your reach (£249 here in the UK) but you could get the 30w version. That is still potentially a very loud amp and more than enough for home use. You could also look at (possibly a little later) getting the Sanpera II pedal to go with it which would open up further options.

Yes, someone else suggested the Peavy Vypyr 75W amp, which I do have enough for. Is that a good choice for this guitar?