my dad's complaining about the staticky sound from his pickup switch. I told him he had to get it resoldered and it would be fine. he doesn't believe me and is yelling at me for breaking his guitar. I have been using it until i got my Schecter. The guitar is a Fender MIM Stratocaster. I want to say it's about a 03/04 model. soldering does come loose, right? Am I right when i told him he has to get it resoldered?
should work fine
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
thanks... i didn't feel responsible since i took really good care of it, but he just complained thinking I broke it.
Yeah I don't see why there should be any problem, the great things about guitars is they can take one hell of a beating and they are constructed fairly simply.

@JBizzle, I checked out your pacifica mod thread, hurry up and finish I want to see the finished product, I have a pacifica myself and would like to see it all modded out.
Quote by randomhero93
does anyone know how much it will cost for the repairs?

Do you have a soldering iron? If so, $0. Well maybe a buck or two for a switch.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Do you have a soldering iron? If so, $0. Well maybe a buck or two for a switch.

we have no soldering iron, but i have a friend that has one. but if he can't, how much would it be to get it done professionally
Quote by randomhero93
we have no soldering iron, but i have a friend that has one. but if he can't, how much would it be to get it done professionally

It depends where you go, and often the price is discussed afterwards, which you never want. But if you really don't want to do it yourself, and don't mind sparing the cash, you can most likely get it done for under $100 (prices vary a lot.) I highly recommend learning to do it yourself though. As said, guitars will always break and need maintenance. It is a great skill to have, and really isn't difficult.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS