Edit: Yes I know how to tune a guitar, the springs aren't set up right and I can't get it set up at all. I can tune mine and everything just fine.

Ok so basicly I been trying to tune my friends guitar for the past 30 minutes. He has a Fender Starcaster, yes the Target guitar. I spent at least and hour or two in the past trying to tune it right but when ever I get a string tuned right most of the strings go out of tune. Is there a recomended length to have to scroows sticking out for the springs? He can't take it anyware to get it set up because his dad thinks its tuned right

P.S. I serously need help guys his guitar is a pain in the nades to tune lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Last edited by MetalheadforJC at Jan 13, 2009,
why would you offer to tune a guitar if you don't know how to tune one yourself.

you tune the low E to an electric tuner, when it's all set you go to then next string and so on, then do bends on all the strings, then go and retune, bend and retune again.

done.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I know how to tune a guitar its just that I can't tune my friends guitar because I can't get the springs set right.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
I've messed with one of these at the store... not bad for a learner guitar... always good to spend cheaply at first, just in case they decide to run off and learn under water basket weaving instead of practicing.

For the strings here's what I was doing and it worked fine in the store:
Start tuning by the 6/5/4 strings 1/2 step down....yup....down.
Now 3/2/1 tune normally

What I found by doing this was as 3/2/1 were tightened it raised 4/5/6 up as well. Once you get 'close' it will be just a matter of fine tuning each one.