Poll Options
View poll results: Should I do it
Yes
7 58%
No
5 42%
Voters: 12.
Ok, here is my dilemma

In the past, whenever I have gotten any kind of music file, it always saves as a folder in my documents. For awhile this was ok, but now I have to many music folders to count. My itunes has over 100,000 songs, so yeah, there are many Many MANY artists, and one folder per artist.

So what I want to do is put all these music files into one folder labeled "Music" seems pretty simple.

Now here is my problem. In the past, whenever I would do something like this, whenever I would try to play the song a window pops up that says "Can't play the song because the original file could not be found." Now I know how to locate the original file, but another option is to just delete the song from my itunes list and put it back in the list from wherever I put it. When working with songs in large numbers, this method is preferable.

Now here is my other problem. Many of the files were either incomplete, or did not have everything labeled, so I spent awhile labeling everything myself. It took awhile depending on how much was left out in the original file.

So pit, my question to you right now is, would transferring all these songs into one folder be worth it. I would have to delete them from my itunes list and put them back in again if I do that. It may take some time.

So yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

OK GO!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
couldnt you just make a folder labled "music" and drag the old folders into it?
you brought a hooker to church?
The almighty wall of text.

EDIT: No. Pick out the songs you really like. It's not like you'll listen to all of them.
Last edited by joshua122593 at Jan 13, 2009,
On the iTunes menu:

Edit > Preferences.

Go to the ADVANCED tab. In the first box, change the organizing location to a new folder labeled MUSIC in your documents. Click the 'organize automatically' checkbox, and your files are moved.

I think I understood you correctly.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by ghostnineone
couldnt you just make a folder labled "music" and drag the old folders into it?

In a nutshell, thats what I want to do
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I have to many music folders to count.

When you use the word in that context it is spelt too.

You have too many music folders.

This spelling is also used when you want to say something like, "can i come too?"

I know you think I'm a dick but I'm not doing this just to wind you up, just felt like spreading knowledge. It's always good to keep learning.

Maybe one day you'll go to write those sentences and you'll stop and think, "Hey, i remember what that twat from UG told me"

Quote by rich420
When you use the word in that context it is spelt too.

You have too many music folders.

This spelling is also used when you want to say something like, "can i come too?"

I know you think I'm a dick but I'm not doing this just to wind you up, just felt like spreading knowledge. It's always good to keep learning.

Maybe one day you'll go to write those sentences and you'll stop and think, "Hey, i remember what that twat from UG told me"

Thank you very much. Now can you contribute to the thread
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Gigatiran
Just out of curiosity, how much space does 100k songs take up?

I thought the same, according to google...

4 megabytes times 100 000 = 390.62500 gigabytes

He must have a big harddrive
what i did was copy all music to an external hard drive. then completely delete all music off my i tues.. then copy all musi back into a music folder. add that to i-tunes and fixd
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+