hey guys, i got my new boss hyper metal today!
it sounds just like my amps distortion only a littler thicker.....and can't pull off harmonics very well.

Anyone got any settings for modern metal?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
...new amp.
no offense..but you probably shouldnt have bought that pedal. youll learn down the road that dist. pedals are just gimmicks.
Quote by HIM%(^
...new amp.
no offense..but you probably shouldnt have bought that pedal. youll learn down the road that dist. pedals are just gimmicks.

This.
I had to get away from my amps distortion, i don't have much money in my family..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
i asked about that and use all flamed me.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
i asked about that and YOU all flamed me.

well....then the people who were doing that are stupid. nothing is worse then a distortion pedal especially one made by boss and with a name like hyper distortion. your better off just buying like a line 6 guitar port computer program if your just gonna be jamming in your room...
Not all pedals suck actually, check out stuff like radial tonebones, these really kick ass with enough jam for the road.

But really, harmonics are assumably used while riffing, so your standard riff sound should provide you with that, cranked tubes ftFw. **** boss, really cost-efficient, unlike some of their pedals...

Go check out boss website for further question-answering, which is what you should have done in the first place.

Stuff like line6 pods are pretty decent 'silent' tools from gigging guys who I've talked gear-wise with. Sell your amp and pedal and get that, for a little less than 200 bucks you can get one, and it is an extremely flexible modulation unit.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Last edited by Gäbe at Jan 13, 2009,
Nah, theres nothing wrong with distortion pedals. I use a bunch of them to get different options. I also use the amps gain channel which is usually the best. But go with what works for you!
The line 6 pocket pod is like $189 and i've heard they sound really digital.. Plus i like to jam with my brother and my friends.

I'm getting some decent tones now, just needa fiddle a little bit more.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.