I'm really interested in learning to DJ, but I have no idea where to start the process, if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
well DJing doesn't specifically mean scratching records, a disk jockey in general is a person who chooses and puts on music for an event.
Step 1. Acquire a poor taste in music.
Step 2. Spend 85% of your earnings on expensive designer clothing and shoes.
Step 3. Forget how to shave (alternatively, you could acquire more melanin in your skin)

Presto! You're a DJ!
kill all humans
what kind of djing? like for cash playing cheese or scratch? Scratch isnt hard i just taught myself. You can get mp3 decks which save cash.
Listen to a lot of techno. Go to Best Buy and get one of those DJ machines for 100 dollars. And learn how to mix and fade songs.
Press play and next?

It can't be that hard.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I suppose I should have been more specific, the type of dj'ing I'm interested in is primarily club stuff.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Boogie Man
I suppose I should have been more specific, the type of dj'ing I'm interested in is primarily club stuff.

like I said, you can definitely make that sort of music with a program such as FL studio

edit: oh wait I think I may have misunderstood once again lol
Last edited by priest.fan. at Jan 13, 2009,
you have to get turntables( alot use cds now), and learn how to mix, fade and use all sorts of effects live to make it your own. You also have to get the best music to mix up. And like someone said before, if you want to create your own beats, Reason 4 or FL 8 would be the best probably. Start listening to your local djs to hear some good examples. Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, and Infected Mushroom are also great people to check out.
thanks for the input guys

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Pots, pans, wooden spoons. Go out and experiment!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝