I've been watching youtube vids of people playing guitar for forever, and I think it's time that I start making my own. I was wondering if anyone's got any camera recommendations for me. Preferably something with a decent mic that can get an ok sound at bedroom level playing.

Feel free to post some examples if you feel you've got a good setup for youtube.
I've got a Canon powershot SX100 IS that I use, but a computer webcam works too. Any camera with a mic will do if you're on a budget, really.
I just use my built in iSight with the computers mic. Works fine for me, although I don't post on YouTube, I just record it to see how it looks and how it sounds... and just to fool around with iMovie.
Quote by irishstang_87
Any camera with a mic will do if you're on a budget, really.

Not ANY camera. A lot of the cheaper ones are really slow, and can mess your video up. I speak from experience...
Quote by Zecromancer
Not ANY camera. A lot of the cheaper ones are really slow, and can mess your video up. I speak from experience...

True, one of the old sony's we have laying around is terrible for that stuff. But it's better than nothing, i suppose. I'm usually content with just taking sound clips, but that's just me.