Poll: Which leg do you play on?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which leg do you play on?
Left leg
15 17%
Right leg
73 83%
Voters: 88.
Sorry if this has been asked before (I was too lazy to use the search bar ) but if I am a right handed guitarist is it better for me to place the guitar on my right or left leg? I have always felt that it is more comfortable to play on my right leg. What do you all play on?
Last edited by Fender_Fever at Jan 13, 2009,
right leg, unless im tapping it always manages to skip over wen i lean the guitar up & back
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Depends, Sometimes I put it in the middle of my legs, and sometimes on my right leg
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by Fender_Fever
Sorry if this has been asked before (I was too lazy to use the search bar ) but if I am a right handed guitarist is it better for me to place the guitar on my right or left leg? I have always felt that it is more comfortable to play it this way. What do you all play on?

So which leg do you use?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by CrossBack7
Right. If you're right handed, it makes it a lot easier. . .Duh.

I was reading though in This technique guide. And it told right handers to put it on the left leg and immediately I thought that would be wrong, so I asked the forums.
the whole classical position is resting your left foot on a stool or some thing that elevates your foot and you rest the guitar on your left leg. when i do play sitting down, which is very rare, i play on my right leg.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
I play in a Classical Position most of the time. I feel it gives me most control. More room to move my arm, etc.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by Fender_Fever
Sorry if this has been asked before (I was too lazy to use the search bar ) but if I am a right handed guitarist is it better for me to place the guitar on my right or left leg? I have always felt that it is more comfortable to play on my right leg. What do you all play on?

I always play sitting, and the guitar rests between the legs resting on the inside edges of both of them. That way it is less a strain on the left wrist to fret the strings. I want the guitar angled upward about 45 degrees.

I use to always play on my left leg because it was easier but once I started needing to use the higher frets it became a lot easier on my right.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Depends on the body shape. My SG I play past my right leg, my Jagmaster and RG I play on the right leg. Sometimes I change how I'm sitting with the Jagmaster and it ends up on the left leg.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I started with classical, so mostly left (if I am on a stool), right if I am reclined on the couch.
Quote by KennethJay
Depends, Sometimes I put it in the middle of my legs, and sometimes on my right leg

this
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
When I'm shredding, I put the guitar on my right leg, sorta in between my legs, being right handed. When I'm NOT shredding, I put it on my left.

Right leg= easier sweeping for me.
I mix it up between my right leg and the classical position.If I'm playing an acoustic which is pretty rare,I always use the classical position,it just feels better.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Classical FTW. It feels terrible on my right leg.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
sitting down it is on my right, but I play standing up most of the time, and when I solo I prop my guitar up on my left leg because i wear my guitar as low as I can.
I play with my middle leg quite a bit.
They don't call me "The King Of Awesomeness" for nothing!
Left leg for me, actually.

Yes, I'm right-handed, but I just prefer how it feels on my left leg. I find it easier that way for my left hand to reach the higher frets.
I play on my right leg when I'm playing metal songs with lots of heavy riffs.

I play classical style when I'm playing fast and up the neck.
im right handed but i use my left leg when sitting down, it slightly resembles the way you play if you were standing up somewhat and you have more elbow movement than what you would have using your right leg.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Both cause I play Lap Steel :p

Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club.
I know it is against the grain, but I have always put it on my left leg. I have tried to break this habit, but find it harder to see and feel the neck with it on my right leg.

I rest it on my left leg with the neck raised a bit, kind of like classical style. Then, when I stand, I also raise the neck a bit.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I play on my right lef (I'm right handed). I guess I'll start training myself to play classical style.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
i almost never play sitting down unless i'm tracking in the studio.
but when i'm doing that, it really depends. when i'm laying down a simple rhythm track, i usually rest it on my right leg. if its a lead, or more technically involved rhythm, then it will be on my left leg, cuz thats how i first learned guitar (i took classical for three years before even touching an electric guitar), and i feel i have better control over everything i'm doing.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Both, I swap between a fair bit, usually my left (classical) to get a better view or get better reach on the higher frets, and right for rythm work, though they're interchangable.
Left-handed.
So left leg.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Left leg ,and I'm righthanded. But I used to play classical guitar for 8 years, so I got used to it.
I also tend to put my left foot on something so it stands higher then the right one.
Orange Enthousiast.