i dont love the marshally voicing of my TSL(marshall...duh) looking for an alterbridge, gizmachi, 80's metallica, nevermore tone....found a triple rec for 1400. worth lookin into? theres also a soldano SLO100 and a Bogner XTC floating around for 2700 and 2950...would hate to spend that much, and would hate to get it ripped off (i play at some questionable places, with questionable people...i worry about my TSL sometimes if i have to leave the venue) need good cleans,and good distortion..pce
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
those are some incredibly high prices for a SLO and XTC. The triple rec is overpriced as well.

Look into a single recto, they have excellent cleans and distortion. The SLO is also an awesome amp, but you really have to want one for the price to be worth it. Hughes & Kettner Duotone would suit you well too.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Say Ocean
Overpriced. Get a DSL100, much better than the TSL. Or you could get a triamp mk 1 for about 1200-1300, does marshall to heavy with great cleans.

do you post on the saosin boards?
My band.

My gear.
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
yeah that totally sucked about Nick. Even Beau was bummed about Nick. Now Jesse and I are the only gear heads left.
My band.

My gear.
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
yeah that totally sucked about Nick. Even Beau was bummed about Nick. Now Jesse and I are the only gear heads left.

Hm... maybe I'll join up. I lurked the forums a lot back when I was super noob, was pretty shocked to hear about Nick. That guy was realllyyy helpful with everything
k lads..thx for the input..
for the trip rec. what is a reasonable price (keeping in mind, CAD..srry,didnt mention that earlier) this is all used market, so i wont be able to find an H&K..have never seen one come up.
DSL's are common, but the whole marshall sound isnt doing much for me. what is tone like compared to a TSL?
the triple rec also comes with extra tubes.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

I find the DSL to be smoother and overall better than the TSL, but as you said the marshall voicing isn't your thing. Definitely check out a single or dual rec ( I find the triple rec to be overpriced, and 150 watts is just overkill)

Check out the Peavey JSX, very versatile and I've only played it once but I was very impressed.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Why do you need a Triple rec? do you really need 150 watts? That's the only difference with the Triple Rec.

But anyways, look into better brands than Marshall and Mesa.. There are so many out there for $1400 if you get it used. Check out Splawn Nitros, Splawn Quickrods, Framus Cobra, and Framus Dragon.

Once you hear one of those, you'll realize how bad Marshalls and Mesas sound. But I'd say a Framus Cobra is what you are looking for.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
There's a Triple Recto for sale right now on Harmony-Central for $950. Ridiculous price, I'd jump on it ASAP if you're looking for a Recto.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
to the guy asking why i need a trip rec.
i dont. but thats what came up on the local used market. if a dual or a roadster, roadking, framus, etc. come up i'll check those out.
matrix claw; excellent idea, but i'm at the point where i almost demand on trying out the amp first. ive got a couple bum pieces of gear before (bought new, thank god) so i'm quite keen on seeing and playing the amp first. perhaps i could use the price as a persuasion for negotiation.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer