I was messing around with a riff and it sounded kind of like a riff from a song I've heard but I can't remember what it is and it's bugging me.

It's straight eigth notes and it's something like F# F# G F# A G F# D E E F E G F E C

It's a little bit muted. I feel like it might be from an AC/DC song but I'm not sure. Tempo is around 120 bpm with those being 8th notes. First note would be like the F# on the second fret of the high e string.

Anyone know? Thanks

EDIT: Mystery solved, it's the intro to Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones, specifically the part around 0:30. Man that was bugging me.
Last edited by Jordan987 at Jan 14, 2009,
through the fire and flames
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Not gonna bother playing that, but assassin by muse?!
wild guess, really.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
no. it isn't. ttfaf is 32nd notes. as in tremolo picking.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
No, not Assassin.

Also during the F# F# G F# A G F# D part they also play a D with each note, and with the E E F E G F E C part they play a C with each note. The next part is similar but with a G. So the chord progression is your basic V-IV-! (D-C-G). I just can't remember what the freakin song is!
Quote by thedarkest5432
no. it isn't. ttfaf is 32nd notes. as in tremolo picking.

ever heard of sarcasm?
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by wesleyisgay
dr feelgood

Nope.

It's almost a clean tone. It's an intro or something.
Whole Lotta Rosie.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 13, 2009,
what octave are we talking about here? tab or sheet music plz
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by 2 15/16
what octave are we talking about here? tab or sheet music plz

It's in the octave right above middle C, the first note would be 2nd fret on the high E string. I don't know if this is actually the key it's in though.
Quote by Josh Shiells
Tempo...?

Around 120 in 4/4 time with the notes I typed being eigth notes.

And to the person who said Highway to Hell, that's not it.

It's in the same vein as the intro to For Those About to Rock.
"You can post this in the pit," I said to myself, "they're not that immature," I said....

I just had a revelation, it's definately a Rolling Stones song, now I just need to figure out which one
not "Rock'n'roll ain't noise pollution"?-ACDC
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
this may be wrong but I am going to say it anyway

I can't get no satisfaction-Rolling Stones
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Mystery solved, it's the intro to Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones, specifically the part around 0:30. Man that was bugging me.