trying to decide between a fender highway one strat or tele, or a classic player 60's strat.

i'm looking for the optimal radiohead tone. i love the feel of strats over teles, and i plan on buying stuff like lace sensors for this guitar.

btw, i'd prefer nitro finish, for the awesome aging. i cant wait till it looks all vintage, honestly.
Nitro sounds way better than poly in my opinion. Real test is your rig. What amp are you using and are you using any stomp boxes or processors?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
fender blues deluxe, and an assortment of pedals (tubescreamer, homemade fuzz, big muff pi, small clone/stone, carbon copy, pro rat, some chorus thing, etc etc)
I don't think any of those comes with a nitro finish, but the aging is tone wise unless you treat the guitar badly. Nitro just thins over time, leaving a better resonating tone while poly doesn't. You can age either one cosmetically.
the highway ones are sold on their nitro finish. I gotta warn you, a fender guitar on a fender amp yields an over bering amount of high end and is unpleasent to most ears. With a fender amp you have MAD high end, I would consider something with humbuckers if you want Radiohead tone using a fender amp. Fender makes amazing gear, but Fender guitar on Fender amp can lead to disasterously too much high end!
Quote by ValoRhoads
the highway ones are sold on their nitro finish. I gotta warn you, a fender guitar on a fender amp yields an over bering amount of high end and is unpleasent to most ears. With a fender amp you have MAD high end, I would consider something with humbuckers if you want Radiohead tone using a fender amp. Fender makes amazing gear, but Fender guitar on Fender amp can lead to disasterously too much high end!

Oh, I didn't know that. But yea you want something with humbuckers. You get an extremely bright tone using the two together.(Fender guitar and amp)
i use a fender guitar and amp right now, sounds fine with me.

i was going to get a dually red-red/red-blue in the bridge, and a blue in the neck
(HSS combination IF strat)
Quote by tube_whiner
i use a fender guitar and amp right now, sounds fine with me.

i was going to get a dually red-red/red-blue in the bridge, and a blue in the neck
(HSS combination IF strat)

that'll do fine, but back off your highs on the amp!