Page 1 of 2
I got bored one night and was listening with fall of troy. I decided to look up the tabs and click guitar instead of bass. A few days later I was playing FCPREMIX on my bass. The intro verse and chours. I dont have a fifth sting so the solo is impossible =P Anyone else do something like that?
White Stripes.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by toketsu
I got bored one night and was listening with fall of troy. I decided to look up the tabs and click guitar instead of bass. A few days later I was playing FCPREMIX on my bass. The intro verse and chours. I dont have a fifth sting so the solo is impossible =P Anyone else do something like that?

Get Guitar Pro, you can translate it for your bass.

But yeah, Anarkee put up a harmonic version of the intro to Sweet Child o Mine a while ago that i doodle with. And i learned the intro to Plug in Baby by Muse
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Playing all of Enter Sandman using single notes as opposed to chords.

Or do what Les Claypool did and slap/pop Master of Puppets:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDdrUi1HzI
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Sometimes. Like, I do the solo before James's solo in Master of Puppets and it sounds really cool.

I do that as well, as well as the first half of the intro solo to One.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
i love doing that. Ive done it to the intro to dream theaters innocence faded. aswell as the solo so silence man.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
but fcpremix is pretty much fcpsitsgepgepgep

i dont know why but the fall of troy needs to be mentioned WAY more on these boards
Hendrix songs are wonderful to play on bass. I love playing Spanish Castle Magic on bass.
hey anarkee, whenever your playing a Hendrix guitar melody/Intro Guitar Bit on Bass, ala All Along The Watchtower, Purple Haze or even Voodoo Child,

Do you think that maybe he was poor and could say, only play his uncles bass, so when he got enough money he got a guitar because he thought they were more expensive and more respected.

Because those melody parts I find all too easy to translate to bass, then when he goes into the solo, he loves the two upper guitar strings.

actually, Nevermind, I just realised how stupid that sounded
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Quote by goldfinger69
guys .. just buy a guitar!!!!! hahaha

...I think you're missing the point here.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ZaccB
hey anarkee, whenever your playing a Hendrix guitar melody/Intro Guitar Bit on Bass, ala All Along The Watchtower, Purple Haze or even Voodoo Child,

Do you think that maybe he was poor and could say, only play his uncles bass, so when he got enough money he got a guitar because he thought they were more expensive and more respected.

Because those melody parts I find all too easy to translate to bass, then when he goes into the solo, he loves the two upper guitar strings.

actually, Nevermind, I just realised how stupid that sounded

fun fact: hendrix's frist instramet was a banjo
Play That Funky Music.

and when trying to convince my guitarist it was a good song, I discovered with double stops the main part of Roxanne sounds nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I'm currently taking a leaf from apocolypticas book and playing guitars parts on my upright bowed.
I really need a new bow though, it's falling apart.

^And police songs obviously.
Last edited by Casketcreep at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by ChemicalFire
...I think you're missing the point here.

Yeah, sometimes when I'm bored, I look up guitar tabs. Quite often, the tabber will tab out a cool bass part. Why can't we do the same?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
White Stripes.

Yeah, Icky thump sounds good.

Pantera sounds pretty good on bass (I'm too lazy to tune down 1.5 steps most of the time), Shedding skin, Yesterday don't mean **** etc.
Quote by toketsu

A 'fifth string', I assume you mean B.

He taps those parts and you can tap them as well

fret the B note on the G string (the 4th fret on the 4th string, so to speak)
and then tap the note that would be the note on the B string, but on the G obviously
(so if it were, say, 11 on B, you'd tap (4 and) 16 on G)

err, if I did my maths correctly
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by corrda00
I tried learning no bounderies by micheal angelo batio. It was good until 6 string sweeps started.

oh my, that would be bad.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
my bass tutor has actually set me this a little project to do until the next lesson.
he wants me to play the guitar lines and then come up with a guitar like improv solo.

try it its quite fun!

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
i learned the intro of "the escapist" - nightwish and all of knights of cydonia and a few other muse riffs
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
But the guitar parts for the intro/verse on FCPREMIX is actually for bass (FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP)
When I was messing around in the area of the 12th frets on the G and D strings I accidentally came up with the intro to Title and Registration by Death Cab for Cutie.

Went something like this:
G|--------12----------12-----12--14--12---
D|-14------------14------14-----------------
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by lordofthefood1
A 'fifth string', I assume you mean B.

He taps those parts and you can tap them as well

fret the B note on the G string (the 4th fret on the 4th string, so to speak)
and then tap the note that would be the note on the B string, but on the G obviously
(so if it were, say, 11 on B, you'd tap (4 and) 16 on G)

err, if I did my maths correctly

15 on G i believe, then up to 16 for the last two semi-quavers; at least thats how i play it. Weird that i should be learning FCPREMIX's guitar parts on bass atm, and then find a thread on it! Coincidence? hmm..

Was inspired to learn to tap Stairway To Heaven after seeing it in a thread on here a week or two ago, am learning Tears in Heaven as well for good measure!
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
Last edited by Ouch_needles at Apr 16, 2009,
black and blue by vanhalen.

But basically any time I can't find bass tabs I'll at least have a look at the guitar one.
Quote by goldfinger69
guys .. just buy a guitar!!!!! hahaha

Oh god, guitards have arrived..
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
I find that when trying to learn Metallica songs, learning the guitar part is actually much more informative than the bass part, which tends to be simpler. They're also quite fun to play, although I tend to steer clear of Kirk's wahwahing.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Quote by toketsu

Wrong, just tap it like he does, you'll need to fret a note to emulate where he taps and I'd probably change it a bit, putting the first tap lower than it is so you go low string of taps to high string of taps.

Wow, somebody bumped an old thread. I forgot I posted in this already...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Last edited by lordofthefood1 at Apr 16, 2009,
Page 1 of 2