View poll results: What would you do?
Sounds like a good idea to me
17 23%
DON'T DO IT, ARE YOU NUTS!!!!
57 77%
Voters: 74.
Page 1 of 2
*First and foremost this is not an ad for my gear like in the Classified Forum*

I'm trying to make some space for my dream amp, the Soldano SLO 100. The current gear I'm trying to sell is a 1957 VOS Gibson Les Paul Goldtop and my current amp, the Soldano Avenger 100w. I'm not prepared to sell my Avenger till I know that I can get the SLO. I've tried selling the Gibson on Craig's list in my local area for about $2500 w/case. I think it's a good price to offer since it jumped up to $3800 on GuitarCenter.com.....that is till they started doing a sale for it at about $3300 I know that I could about $800-$1000 for the Avenger as well.

Craig's List hasn't helped me very much and I don't trust e-bay, call ridiculous...I know. I was just approached by my guitar tech that their store would bid for me (post on numerous sights, take pics, etc.) and take care of the shipping for 15% of the amount I get for it. Is this a good deal? I've tried selling this guitar on craig's list for about 6 month and this seems like an plausible option.
well...work for ur amp...keep ur gibson!! its a 1957! where do u c em?! o.o..g/l!
kijiji is useful for selling things
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by Xhale1
well...work for ur amp...keep ur gibson!! its a 1957! where do u c em?! o.o..g/l!

I do work for it of course but it'd take me a really long time if I just saved up for it. Besides, I'm not playing the Gibson anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful guitar but I don't need it anymore. Someone could get far better use out of it than me
well if you think that it will sell for $2500, 15% of that is $375. You have to ask yourself if it is worth paying them that amount for that service.

An item like that can take a long time to find the right buyer. I would just let them take care of it, so long as they know what they are doing.

It really comes down to how fast you want your money.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
do Not Sell Guitar For Amp
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by bdof
I do work for it of course but it'd take me a really long time if I just saved up for it. Besides, I'm not playing the Gibson anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful guitar but I don't need it anymore. Someone could get far better use out of it than me

oh well yeah. its a really expencive amp and i looked it up on youtube...amazing amp man what a dream!! but seriously i wouldnt know what to do in your situation which is why i said good luck
Quote by bry0n
do Not Sell Guitar For Amp

I have a Dean CFH w/Blackouts & a Schecter Hellraiser w/EMG 81tw & 89tw
I'm fine in that department. The main reason I don't play it anymore is that I play a Heavy Metal genre now more then ever and the Gibson doesn't have as much use
Do Not Sell That Guitar
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
You're selling a Gibson to replace a Soldano with another Soldano? That is just silly...
i'm using my enlistment bonus from joining the air force to buy a randall T2 head and cab. thing is, i have to wait til after basic to enjoy it.
why not just save for awhile for the amp?

do you REALLY need it in the next two weeks, or can you wait a few months?

personally i would rather have more shit in the long run, then something im lusting over in the short run.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I would totally buy the Gibby if I wasn't completely broke.

Don't sell it, it's way better than your other guitars IMO. Much more versatile.
kill all humans
I'm not a Gibson fan, so personally I would sell it, but I think it would be better to hold on to.
Quote by skaterskagg1
i'm using my enlistment bonus from joining the air force to buy a randall T2 head and cab. thing is, i have to wait til after basic to enjoy it.

Hahaha, since when the hell do you get "Enlistment Bonuses"?
I know about "Re-Enlistment Bonuses" though.
Those Damn Recruiters!!!
Quote by bdof
Hahaha, since when the hell do you get "Enlistment Bonuses"?
I know about "Re-Enlistment Bonuses" though.
Those Damn Recruiters!!!

my signing bonus? it's a few thousand.
Quote by skaterskagg1
my signing bonus? it's a few thousand.

Are you gaurd or reserve?
Quote by skaterskagg1
air force, soon to be anyways.

.........................I'll take that as Active Duty or at least soon to be Active duty, congrats.
What's your job going to be?
Quote by bdof
.........................I'll take that as Active Duty or at least soon to be Active duty, congrats.
What's your job going to be?

i'm still going through the recruitment process but hopefully i get a guaranteed job and can do aerospace maintenance and work on jets and stuff.
Quote by skaterskagg1
i'm still going through the recruitment process but hopefully i get a guaranteed job and can do aerospace maintenance and work on jets and stuff.

Ahhh, aerospace maintenance is a highly sought after job but if you do get it I hope you like extreme heat on the flight lines. What are your other choices. Don't you DARE go in as open general dude. That's a good way to get ****ed over royally. Enjoy cleaning ****ters? Make sure you have a set job
Quote by bdof
Ahhh, aerospace maintenance is a highly sought after job but if you do get it I hope you like extreme heat on the flight lines. What are your other choices.

aerospace is what i'd like but i definitely wouldn't mind vehicle and vehicular equipment maintenance. i was going to a car tech school for a while so i've already know a lot about cars. overall i wanna do something mechanical cuz i'm definitely a hands on kind of person.
and the heat doesn't bother me cuz i've been around large diesel engines and exhaust for a while now.
Quote by skaterskagg1
and the heat doesn't bother me cuz i've been around large diesel engines and exhaust for a while now.

Going in for 4 or 6 years? Have you been told the difference between the two yet?
Quote by bdof
Going in for 4 or 6 years? Have you been told the difference between the two yet?

not yet, what should i know? you're really helping me out.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by DarkTom666
But..but...

Gibson '57 dude.

No from me.

Sell your other guitars then.. Or trade your gibson for my ESP m-ii? Since you like br00talz metalz

Not an actual 1957 Gibson, its a VOS ie. a reissue of the 57. I doubt anyone would sell a genuine 57.
Quote by skaterskagg1
not yet, what should i know, you're really helping me out?

4 years- If you come in with no college or ROTC under your belt you'll be an Airman Basic for about off the bat and you'll have to wait 6 months to become an Airman, then 10 months to become an Airman First Class, followed by 28 months (22 month if you excel and get Below the Zone: BTZ) of Time in Grade as an Airman First Class to become a Senior Airman.

6 years (like me)- Same as above (no college or ROTC) but you get promoted to A1C in 20 weeks from your graduation of Basic. The really nice part is that even though you won't technically be an A1C till 20 weeks you'll be recieving Time in Grade as an A1C from the time you graduate Basic. Making you eligible to be a Senior Airman as early as 22 months in after Gradution from Basic

The only problem with 6 years is......it's 6 years You may find that you don't like the Air Force early on and you'll have to wait longer to get out

Hope this helps some. Ask your recruiter, and don't be afraid to grill them. They work for you in a way, so make em work
Last edited by bdof at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by bdof
Hope this helps some. Ask your recruiter, and don't be afraid to grill them. They work for you in a way, so make em work

so whats your job and how's that treating you?
Quote by skaterskagg1
so whats your job and how's that treating you?

I'm a certified Imagery Analyst, but I've never done a day of my job. Right now I'm a Mission Intelligence Coordinator for the MQ-1 Predator UAV.
sounds like an interesting job. and it doesn't sound like a first year kind of title, how long you been serving?
keep the LP
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by skaterskagg1
sounds like an interesting job. and it doesn't sound like a first year kind of title, how long you been serving?

just over 3 years
Page 1 of 2