Ive been to some big concerts such as the Rockstar Mayhem Tour but not to many local concerts. I am planning on going to the Despised Icon concert on Tuesday February 17 at the Orpheum in Ybor City, Florida. Other bands are Beneath the Massacre, Carnifex, The Plasmarifle, and Neuraxis. It starts a 7. I would like to know how long this concert would go to. The Orpheum is a small venue compared to others in Tampa. How long do you think each band would play for and how long it would take for them to set up? What is a guess of when it would end?

Now that I have answered the question above, what would be a good estimate for the cost of the concert (for people who have been to this venue) and do you think the bands will stay after they play there set to sign and stuff?
Last edited by Tiki Rock at Feb 2, 2009,
Probably around 4 hours, weather permitting.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
HEY! i'm from tampa too.. it'll probably go till like 11ish..

it's not that small, like, it's small, but neptunes is smaller.. my band had a show there in december... we also are playing pegasus and club fuze in feb

i can't believe you're from tampa.. that's awexome
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Most all ages shows end around 11.

Most bar shows end around 1:30 or 2
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
HEY! i'm from tampa too.. it'll probably go till like 11ish..

it's not that small, like, it's small, but neptunes is smaller.. my band had a show there in december... we also are playing pegasus and club fuze in feb

i can't believe you're from tampa.. that's awexome

I know its not that small but compared to like Jannus Landing I heard it is a little smaller. So like 11ish? Thats good.
I'd say around a half hour each for the two openers, an hour for the supporting act, and two hours for the headliner.

Four hours total.

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't see there was a fifth band. Eh, I'm not gonna do more math. Math sucks.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at Jan 13, 2009,
the local shows around here are really quick, like each band plays between like 5 and 8 songs and then there's like 20 minutes in between bands and you just chill outside or whatever, because it's florida...
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Anyone from the Tampa area please help me out on this. How much are 5 band concerts usually at the Orpheum? And do the bands stay afterwards for signings and stuff?
Me and my grindcore band managed to keep a venue open for 1,5 extra hours, we played a 78 song set list.

Good times, good times.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I live around tampa as well
i used to go to alot of shows but i hardly go anymore

its hard to say exactly when its gonna end because ive been to shows where it said it started at 7 and started actually at 6 where other times it didnt start to around 8 or 9. it will probably end 11 or 12
Quote by Gord@k
Me and my grindcore band managed to keep a venue open for 1,5 extra hours, we played a 78 song set list.

Good times, good times.

Are all your songs really short or something? Or do you just really like playing 6 hour sets?
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
Ok, I got the time answer but now I am asking about the ticket price and the signing.
The shows I've been to about that size that started around 7 ended around 12
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.