this guy at my school wants me to teach him how to play the bass.
does anyone know any good, simple songs i can start him out on?

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Scales. Theory.

Strumming patterns/fingerpicking.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Most Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a lot of Modest Mouse.

There is a part of this website dedicated to this exact subject, I'll get the link in a second.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

i posted a thread similar to this a few days ago, go to where it says "Look at all threads by PhillyHendrix" on my profile and read the answers from there

#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Teach him the intro to Crazy Train. That will keep him entertained for days.
Sail upon the open skies
hmm.. maybe ask HIM what he wants to play..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Want to know the number one way to make him not want to play bass anymore?

Teaching him Music Theory right off the bat. Any level of theory. Scales, anything. You'll lose him.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
There needs to be some sort of only thread for this stuff, there's a thread everyday on this.
Teach him technique and theory.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Most Red Hot Chili Peppers, and a lot of Modest Mouse.

There is a part of this website dedicated to this exact subject, I'll get the link in a second.

Great bands for bassists to know, but for starters, Flea may be a bit out of range. Slap bass is a tough technique to grasp and the Chilis use it on most of their songs.